Corvette 427

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
My old man hardly ever takes his Corvette out. He's too much of a girl, but he surprised me today, he went to a show in it. I had to wait at home as I had someone coming round to buy a car part. But guess what this chap didn't show up anyway :wacky: So missed out on the show.

Anyway he returned home at 16:15 and I got him to pull it up further down the road, and I quickly grabbed some shots.

Luckily I used auto bracketing as the camera under exposed all the shots (even the brightest ones were underexpose). The 400D was set to evaluative metering but I suspect that the nature of the white car had an effect on the overall metering. What would have the shots been like with either partial or centre metering? Any tips for ensuring the exposure doesn't end up under evaluated?

I think next time I would have preferred to have pulled out a tripod and shoot from a greater distance but zoomed in more. I only took what I could as it was fairly dark with the cloud cover. I gave the pics a slight tweak of the saturation and tone in the Canon photosuite.

I'm not happy with these pics, but I thought I'd share anyway :)

Click for larger images

the lighting in the second pic looks ok, but the over 2 are underexposed like you've mentioned.

Very nice car. Your off of SXOC aswell aren't you?? I'm Daz, sure i've met you at one of the SE meets.

Yeah I'm on SXOC. I've only been to the HWH meets, but only about 3 times in my Datsun so may be not instantly recognisable. I can't put a face to your name to be honest :(

Won't be there in it till a few months time once I've put a new engine under the bonnet.

Back