Cotswold Location Advice

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys, anyone here shot Devil's Chimney at Leckhampton or the lavender fields at Snowshill? I'm doing some location research (google, social media etc) and wondered if anyone on here has been to either location and has any tips (parking, accessibility etc). Thanks in advance!

I can't help you on the first, but I can help you on the 2nd.

Technically, you can only shoot the lavender fields during their open hours (which I think is 10-5) off the top of my head.

However, if you have a look on at this OS map, you can see there is public footpath running alongside the field where it says '298'.

You get this view:

SJM_0068.jpg

When I shot there last year, I was busted by the farmer for having gone slightly off the footpath (not into the field I might add) and got a bit of a telling off.

There are other fields there as well, at the crossroads where it says '34' - you can get a lot of good views from shooting off the verge and not needing to enter the fields.

Stu - That's awesome advice. I wondered if there was a public footpath. Thanks for the link and nice pic too! Just took a look at your Flickr stream and realised I was already following you! Love your tulips shot. Thanks again.

You're welcome. I think they are a bit anti-photography, they allow it during the day (tripods etc no problemo) but they are 100% against it out of hours and they do go round and check etc. Which is fair enough given it's their field I suppose.

The picture I shot is from about as close as you can get off the public footpath. I'm going up again soon to scout some good views from roadsides etc, as it's only 25 mins from my house.

In Snowshill you pay to go in and take pics, or, go for a drive as there are lavender fields at the road side where you can shoot over a stone wall. There are poppies in the fields close by as well as blue linseed flower fields.

Back