Count me in

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at a 30th birthday party in an unlit room that was being used as overspill standing room at the time.

Would you keep mum in the picture, crop to mum and child or come up with some other way to improve the photo?

Imin.jpg

Last edited:
Having a bit of Mum in the photo gives the little girl a reason for being the same height as the guy in the sweatshirt-taking her out might make it look a bit odd. It's a lovely shot though,whatever you end up doing(y)

It's a great capture, but a bit of a shame if this is the whole image

For me, there's not nearly enough 'mum' to add anything, and just enough of her to be distracting - the bloke is a defo to go though

Here's my quick edit to show where I feel the main image is, but as it's compositionally challenged for me - I added a bit of a base for it and thus required some wording to make sense of that too

Cheers

DD

Grockle1.jpg

I like that edit, DD. Nicely isolated.

Unfortunately that is the full shot. It was a total grab shot in a small space and the only lens I have at the moment is a 70-200 f4 L.

Learning what I can and can't shoot with that lens is interesting and is also forcing me to look at things differently. I think (hope) I'm forcing a new way of thinking about the shot, and taking photographs on myself.

Back