Countess Wear, Exeter, Devon

Edit My Images
Yes
Some photos taken last week when I went for a little walk.
These are the ones that I think turned out best.
Any comments on what you think and how these could be improved would be much appreciated. :)

1. lone tree
222017763-M-1.jpg

2. dead tree
221862006-M-1.jpg

3. dead tree HDR
222272701-M-1.jpg

4. cows and pylons
222003282-M-1.jpg

5. pair of swans
225729223-M-1.jpg

6. building
225768133-M-1.jpg

7. door
222008904-M-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
James :D

Nos. 5 & 7 are the better ones- swans and doorways always good. The others are less pleasing to my eyes at least. The dead tree has got potential for another visit- you just need to rethink the angle and backgrounds- maybe go in low and close with a wideangle lens?

cheers laser you've definitely given me some stuff to think about next time :)

i know the subjects of these photos aren't that interesting but this was the best i could find here, lol
although i am surprised you think 5 and 7 were the best, personally i thought those ones were the least appealing of the set!

First one is good. Maybe lose a little of the foreground so the horizon comes 1/3rd the way up.
second one there is not enough detail in the stump to make it interesting and the same for the third one - but you have also nuked it with radioactive HDR to make it even worse!
#4 - cows are too small to see properly and the pylon is boring.
#5 looks a bit under exposed. Easy to over expose swans and you haven't done that :) Composition could be better. they are looking bottom right so there should be space to the right with the birds nearer the left.
#6 Composition is not too bad but nothing to pick out as a subject.
#7 well it is a doorway but it looks a bit out of focus. Might be more interesting if the wear and tear was sharper.

You can tick a box in your profile that will show you allow people to edit your pictures and show you what they mean when they suggest things ;)

Back