Countryside portraits.

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these photos yesterday at a local reservoir. Would love any C&C you can give. It was super windy there and really cold. I had 3 layers and was shivering. I can't imagine how these 2 felt.

3354946520_059ef948b2.jpg

3354125721_0d8c4ec2d2.jpg

Also, these look washed out on my laptop but look nice on my new computer screen so hope they look ok for everyone, colour wise.

I think they are quite good. I bet they were cold.

I don't like the make up on the eyes a little to heavy for me. On the first I would have tried to use a telephoto lens to compress the perspective and bring the girl at the back a bit closer. Obviously you'd have to move further back.

The makeup wasn't my choice. They wanted some photos taken for themselves so they chose their own clothing and makeup. My biggest challenge was that the 2 girls skin tone / make up colour were completely different, so where one setting on my camera would look great for one it wouldn't for the other and vise versa.

I'll try a telephoto next time. I'd not thought of that. Good idea.

And I'll convert to B&W and have a play.

I had a problem with skin tone which I needed help with. Thanks to TP members now resolved. The girl had make up on her face, which didn't match her body. I wouldn't say the skin tone is a problem here. I thought the make-up would have been the girls choice. I personally always recommend models keep make up as natural as possible.

Looking at the pictures again, 2 is the better picture, they don't really look the tree hugging sort of girls. I'm sure you had too many to choose from when you got back.

Back