Couple from Scottish MX last week

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Was the third round of the Scottish Champs last week and made my longest trip yet, 220 miles 4.5 hours each way. Start was delayed by about 1.5 hours so I couldn't get a full series, although I did get another into TMX :) First one went into the paper, the rest I just liked :)

ML1W7249.jpg

ML1W6838.jpg

ML1W7949.jpg

ML1W6726.jpg

ML1W8520.jpg

Nice set again Dod, really like the first two and the angle on the last.

Thanks, I've just done the upload from this weekend's shoot, I know there are a few in there that even I'M pleased with.:LOL:

Cracking shots Doddy. (y) I'm really gonna stick my neck out and say I can tell which are taken with the Sigma and which with the 100-400L. These were with the Sigma?

CT said:
These were with the Sigma?
:eek: :eek: Bang on, share the secret then :D Bokeh?

dod said:
:eek: :eek: Bang on, share the secret then :D Bokeh?

Colour. :) That Sigma is tack sharp but just loses out to the saturation and contrast of the 100-400L. Don't sell either of 'em. ;)

Fair point CT, having said that it wasn't a great day there, overcast, muggy, slight drizzle at times. With a bit of sun out it's a different story ;) If I remember though I'll do a few with both lenses next week for a side by side comparison. All these shots have had exactly the same treatment, resize, smart sharpen.

ML1W3826.jpg

It's no bad thing Doddy, just totally different colour I reckon. Most of the L glass is the same. Down to the coatings I'd imagine.

Congratulations in getting your photo into the paper Dod!

I took some shots of the Rockness concert from the air and had a national paper interested but came in on a Monday morning to find our ISP's mail server had not sent it due to some "technical error". Moving ISP as a result.

See there is a comp at Ardersier at the weekend but I am in Fort Bill again. Will you be using your new flash?

Oh, and great shots Dod!

Ta folks
HIMUPNORTH said:
Will you be using your new flash?
Did on sunday, mixed results for the first time out. Also tried taking the shutter speed right down. Big failure rate but one or two decent ones. At 1/60th

576.jpg

good stuff as usual Dod, catching the action realy well, last of the first set is the best one for me

Back