couple from the garden c&c welcome

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
one area in particular interested in is sharpening..struggle with this not enough too much, so have been trying different approach...but any C&C welcome

3807108353_8e824e0797_o.jpg

3807105709_c26247d653_o.jpg

3807102393_b13f4677d9_o.jpg

The first two look a little over exposed to me. :(

And the last is very grainy... but a nice capture... Try to find the right balance.

(y)

1 and 2 are good attempts but they do look a touch over exposed maybe 1/3 to half a stop. as for the 3rd shot. heavy crop shot through a window?

The composition is good, just the exposure is not quite there. You may find you need to add exposure compensation as you need to tell the camera's light meter what it is seeing

Thanks

Andy

There is a great sharpening guide Here, clickety click!

Last one is noisy,could be that you have oversharpened it...........:shrug:

First two seem a tad overexposed, good captures of the bird though, try lowering the brightness on them,i`m sure they would look a lot better......(y)

Last edited:
Quick,very quick, edit in ACR.

notmine2.jpg

The first two look a little over exposed to me. :(

And the last is very grainy... but a nice capture... Try to find the right balance.

(y)

ok many thanks..the right balance will get there in the end

1 and 2 are good attempts but they do look a touch over exposed maybe 1/3 to half a stop. as for the 3rd shot. heavy crop shot through a window?

The composition is good, just the exposure is not quite there. You may find you need to add exposure compensation as you need to tell the camera's light meter what it is seeing

Thanks

Andy

many thanks its a crop

There is a great sharpening guide Here, clickety click!

Last one is noisy,could be that you have oversharpened it...........:shrug:

First two seem a tad overexposed, good captures of the bird though, try lowering the brightness on them,i`m sure they would look a lot better......(y)

many thanks the sharpening link thank you i am printing it to follow on these same images and the edit works well,

all of you thought the first two over exsposed and the third one noisy
1.iso500 1/800 F8 exp comp -1
2.iso500 1/640 F8 exp comp -1
3.iso640 1/400 F10 exp comp -1

reason for -1 exp comp was to force shutter speed up light wasnt that good thinking perhaps i over compensated during processing?
no noise reduction during processing.
instead of sharpening the whole image i selected just the bird.

many thanks to all Bob

Back