Couple of Barn finds!

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Took these yesterday after a bit of a hike to find them!

4209343077_643d1d8148.jpg

4210097840_e75f07dabd.jpg

4209334847_afbab79289.jpg

4209333917_b3b17660f5.jpg

4209334561_ac7b8a88c3.jpg

I've taxed worse !!!

I love these (y); I was going to say #2 is my favourite, but they're all wonderful in their own way. I particularly love the blue skies you've got.

Curious though, where about in UK did you get such desert location? Seems more like up the road from where I live :shrug:?

Thanks for posting these, and Merry Christmas.

Apol's I should have been clearer! I am on Holiday in Southern California and this is in the Joshua Tree National Park on the site of an abandoned stamp mill called "Wall Street". It was abandoned in the '40's and its pretty dry up here so they have aged beautifully!!!
:)

Blue sky was the result of taking pics at midday and a very clear day!!

Last edited:
The snow doesn't seem to be as bad down south as the weathermen are saying :naughty:

Even then, where's the green green grass? Unless it snowed sand and piles or rocks :LOL:

Apol's I should have been clearer! I am on Holiday in Southern California and this is in the Joshua Tree National Park on the site of an abandoned stamp mill called "Wall Street". It was abandoned in the '40's and its pretty dry up here so they have aged beautifully!!!
:)

Blue sky was the result of taking pics at midday and a very clear day!!

No need to apologies; was just curious if there is such a place in UK!

As for the blue skies, I can assure you it's not as common where the sun shines plenty. Here we get white-washed out skies. The only way to get any blue sky is to shoot in the few minutes right after sunrise. Give the sun an hour after sunrise and it's all gone white. Horrid washed-out, over exposed, blown-out skies. Nothing, not even a polariser or Grad. Blue, can fix.

This location just screams "Shoot me in HDR!" and then whispers "go on, you know you want to!" imo. :D

Great shots!

This location just screams "Shoot me in HDR!" and then whispers "go on, you know you want to!" imo. :D

Great shots!

I must confess some of them are actually 3 images blended together using the "enfuse" plugin for Lightroom but the saturation is low to avoid an overly HDR effect, but I know exactly what you mean!!

And the barn which you claim to have found??????

Nice weather you got there. It's the last one for me.

Cheers - No actual barn in sight I must admit!! - There was a mill building there but it turned out to be less interesting than the vehicles!

Great shots, Berkshire? Not the Berkshire I know!!

True! Its the Joshua Tree Nat'l Park just outside Palm Springs California, spent Xmas there and got back to Berkshire today, the difference in temp for me is quite apparent:eek:

Is that second one a 32 B' pick up? Very nice....I'm seeing matt black and rodded!

Rob

Amazing pics!! Defo a great subject matter too, how do you go about planning and taking shots like those?

Very nice stuff indeed. Looks like my idea of shooting heaven.

The last two are particularly up my street.

Back