Couple Of Butterfly's

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
hello i am really new to this excellent forum,only joined last week,so i thought i had better stick a couple of photo's on just to get going,hope they are in the right section.I do like wild life photography,and have just bought a sigma 150-500 lens to go with my nikon D7000 so hopefully will be making more posts in the future,looking forward to going out easter monday with my new len's. These two phot's were taken at the butterfly farm in stratford in september last year.View attachment 34270 View attachment 34271 Any critisism would be very welcome from you learned folk out there.
regard's tony
View attachment 34270View attachment 34271

Sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your post so I'll give you mine. I call these type of shot's "reference poses" something like you would see in a species book and maybe even a little too tightly cropped for that. You have clipped the wings in one of the shots making viewing a bit awkward somehow. Unfortunately both shots are out of focus probably by using a large aperture setting in order to soften the background. I can see the best focus on the first one is on the leaves at the top of the shot, I can't actually see a focus point on the other. Anyway onwards and upwards as they say. :)

Last edited:
If you posted this in the "Photos: Wild and Free" section rather than the "Talk" section, you'd get more responses (y) (and you've double posted the actual pics too :D)

I'd echo the above though, they're tightly cropped, but beautiful subjects, especially the first.
I think you've probably got a little bit of mileage with some small PP to draw them out a little if you were so inclined.

Edit to add, I've taken your first one and done had a little play with it (happy to remove is you so wish)

I'm very much a PP beginner compared to some of the guys on here, but here we go:

Butterfly_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back