Couple of D300 questions

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Just picked up a D300,cheers Chris.....(y)......It appears that only branded Nikon batteries work, is this correct?

CS3 and Bridge won`t read the NEF files, do I need to update the camera raw reader?

Anybody help please?

Just those two.....for now...........:D

Hi Fracster / Ade,

The battery that you used at my house wasn't a Nikon it was a Hahnel that I use as one of my spares. It's the only third party one I have the rest are Nikon but that one seems fine and has had plenty of use with my D300.

Yep, you do need to update Camera Raw to the latest version.

Hope you are enjoying the new toy!!

Chris :)

I have a couple of these work no probs in the D300.

Those are the same as mine, the camera won`t recognise the fact that they are fully charged,strangely after trying them in the D300 my D200 won`t recognise them either......:shrug:

Anyway I have two Nikon ones so i`ll just use those for the 300 and the other spares i Have for the 200. I wonder if Nikon have started chipping the cameras and batteries?

Thanks for the help guys....(y)

Adobe site is still down for an upgrade, can`t look at the pics I have taken other than on Picasa,,,,,,:bang:

Those are the same as mine, the camera won`t recognise the fact that they are fully charged,strangely after trying them in the D300 my D200 won`t recognise them either......:shrug:

Thanks for the help guys....(y)

I had a similar issue with some i got from the UK, i think the HK ones are the latest version which are compatible with the D300.

Thanks Spence......(y)

CS3 now reads them but I can`t see them in Bridge.....:shrug:

Sussed it, copy the updated RAW reader to ;

C:>Program Files>Adobe>Adobe Bridge CS3>Plug-Ins

(y)

I tend to buy original Nikon batteries from HK.
Usually when I get a voucher from Ebay.

The last one I bought cost me £14.99 delivered, normally £25.00

I think that is the way forward with batteries,cheers..........(y)

Back