Couple of flies

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
From Friday/Saturday.

First one is the highest magnification at 4x lifesize. All on Canon MP-65mm F11 1/250 with flash.

20110325-_MG_0895.jpg

(Common Yellow Coloured Dung Fly).

A fly posing on a stem. about 2.5x magnification.
20110326-_MG_1091.jpg

Not sure of this ones id.

As much as I'm not a fly lover - these are great photos. I love the closeness to the eyes and head and that you can see ever bead of (what I think is) pollen.

Fantastic. Well done

stunning detail i like them
and having a macro lens i now how difficult it is to get pics like these well done

Great shots, whenever I try to take pics of insects etc they always move out of the frame. Whats the secret of keeping them still
Dave

Thanks all

Great shots, whenever I try to take pics of insects etc they always move out of the frame. Whats the secret of keeping them still
Dave

I found a fairly docile one. Some can stay around as long as you approach slowly or they're busy doing something (eg cleaning, eating)

In this one, I got the flower it was on and held it with one hand. I then slid the lens along arm/hand to focus. Movement of the flower/fly is same as camera really then.

First shot is definitely my favourite. The colour palette is fairly limited but works all the better for it. Even manages to make a fly look beautiful:clap:

Thanks all

I found a fairly docile one. Some can stay around as long as you approach slowly or they're busy doing something (eg cleaning, eating)

In this one, I got the flower it was on and held it with one hand. I then slid the lens along arm/hand to focus. Movement of the flower/fly is same as camera really then.

Thanks for those tips, will give that a try.

Back