Edit My Images
Yes
Finally managed to get some post worthy shots of a Kingfisher;

Regal_blue_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

The_king_of_fishermen_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:D

Oh for gods sake man.......... go away!!! :D :LOL:

STUNNING!!!!! (y)

Nice! Good detail! :clap: What range, lens/camera combo?

How much are you paying your models, they are fan-bl!!!!!!-tastic.................

That's just takin' the p!ss MK - Gobsmacking :notworthy:

God Im being really brave here... brave or stupid... but is the first one pretty soft?

Ive had a sharpen and it comes up quite nicely.

For the love of god MK :eek:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edit: just looked at your Exif too... 150mm? :eek: Is this from the the little set up you made in your garden?

150mm !! Is that your macro lens that you do your insects with MK? :eek:

God Im being really brave here... brave or stupid... but is the first one pretty soft?

LOL. Thank God you can give me a rest. :D

The first is quite soft the second is just a tad off optimal sharpness I reckon, and both will look even better with NR run on the background, but cracking shots with the second being the pick for me.

kinell those are good!:clap:

Nice! Good detail! :clap: What range, lens/camera combo?

About 6-10ft. Sigma 150mm f2.8 on my Nikon D40X

It is a little soft as the guy was moving about quite a bit and it was triky keeping the shutter speeds up. Ive also cropped them quite a bit to erm.. cut something out. ;)

150mm !! Is that your macro lens that you do your insects with MK? :eek:

Indeed it is. I love this lens!

As much as im enjoying the glory, theres something I should probably own up to;
Get_off_me_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:D:p

The shots were taken at Foxglove covert nature reserve where there was a bird ringing operation going on today. I was lucky enough to be there at the right time as they caught a Kingfisher, and was very kindly allowed to take some shots before they released the little fella.

TBH I was going to remark on the fact that I've never seen a Kingfisher with as much detail at 150mm..:cautious:

All the same a cracking chance to get some super sharp shots at arms length..:)

Even with the TOTAL cheat. They are good REALLY shots

Wonder how much stress these birds feel being caught and rung? I used to look after a nature reserve & they would put up mist nets to catch warblers etc. They would be hanging upside down fluttering & the ringers told me the birds do not get stressed. I offered to hang one of them upside down but he declined my offer!

I was just about to put up the 600 in part exchange for a Sigma 150 Macro when i spotted your admission, Phew.:D

Well done for being in the right place at the right time and getting the shots.:clap:

How did they catch the KF?

You jammy sod MK :LOL: well done (y)

Well bugger me :LOL: I must admit I had no idea you had cheated :LOL:

Great opportunity to witness and document with pics (y)

:LOL: if you hadn't fessed up I was going to grass anyway!! :LOL:

Saw the shot with the hand on DA last night! They might be a touch soft, but they are still great images. Not that i'm jealous or anything. :p

Love these shots. You had me wanting to chuck all my gear in the bin till you owned up:LOL:

Back