Couple of macro shots, your thoughts please!

Edit My Images
No
1)
DONE%20double-exposure.jpg

I really like this one because it was taken in one exposure in a dark room by moving and refocussing the camera part way through the exposure and using a flashgun to light up what I wanted.

2)
lilly%20on%20slate.jpg

This one was a real bugger because the leaf and slate needed this amount of light from the flashgun so that they werent underexposed, however this blew out the lilly, I tried to add some definition to the petal edge using the dodge and burn tools, but I dont think it worked brilliantly, I think the only way I could have got it to work would have been to try and block off some of the light landing on the petal, however it just wasnt practical doing this as I dont have enough arms!

3)
power%20in%20a%20water%20drop.jpg

I liked this idea, but the execution was just poor, any ideas?

4)
the%20black%20knight.jpg

just lacking some detail maybe? couldnt really reflect light onto the other side because it would have lit up the background, making it... well.. not black.

5)
wet%20lock.jpg

lacking somewhere...

any comments would be great!

Last edited:
I have to be honest 1 and 2 look quite confusing to me! But pretty, just not quite sure what's going on there!

3 looks ok just like it needed some PP...

Hope you don't mind I had a quick go just auto corrected the levels then adjusted contrast and brightness just to make things pop a bit more..

powerinawaterdrop.jpg

No help for 4 and 5 either sorry!

Yeah looks like I copied the wrong link for the second one, I'll fix it a bit later, as for the edit, I can't really see that much of a big difference, thanks anyway!

yeah now I look at the edit of 3 on a proper screen (originally looked at it on an ipod) and yeah looks better. Ive now changed the repeat photo, it was the one neenee mentioned above :)

Back