Critique Couple of Shots from Glasgow

As I'm sure you now, the first one is possibly the most photographed place in Glasgow - but it is guaranteed still to raise a smile from me though...

I'm struggling to make out the shadow detail in that but it could be my monitor. Might be worth knocking up a stop, and since it's B&W more contrast isn't the killer it might be in colour...

Second is a nice shot but again, perhaps a touch underexposed for me sitting here? Have you touched it up as there looks like a tiny bit of haloing around the tower??

(Just to put all this into context, they're better shots that I'd take!) And maybe my monitor / gamma is too dark?

1, Is a good shot of Mr Wellington, but I think its lost against the background a tad bit. Maybe if you had used a shallower DOF or a longer lens to compress the background.

2, I'm not quite getting it. I personally don't see anything too special. Maybe if the sky was a bit clearer/bluer it could have improved. Quite stuck on what to say.

(Here is a kind of idea to what I'd think would look good on number 1, hope you don't mind that I poorly edited the image)

Notice my awful mouse skills when masking things out? But I think it looks better separated from the museum in the back, it brings the eye in to the subject a bit better
View attachment 12004

Back