Beginner Course I am doing...

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
I am taking a course from next Monday and am wondering if there were any online tutorials or e-books to read that could help with each of these topics?

Course description
This 5- week intermediate course is aimed at those with developing knowledge of photography and of how to use their camera but would like to explore subject matter, motive and techniques. However, if you don't consider yourself a complete beginner with photography and using your specific camera then this course is also suitable for you.
Note that some time of the course is planned for working outside.
You will work on creating a short portfolio of photos to be presented at the end of the course. The tutor will help you work on specific aims based on your ideas and preferences.

WHAT WILL I LEARN ON THIS COURSE?
Learners will look at and learn about:
1. Experiment with and produce a portrait photograph
2. Research and document

During this we will look at and learn about:
· Lenses
· Built in flash
· Studio Equipment
· How to use studio flash
· Studio flash project
· White balance
· Flashgun
· Colour in photography
· Painting with light

I am doing the Improvers course as I found that the only items I hadn't fully practiced were composition and exposure, which I am studying now at home. All the other aspects of the beginners course I am aware of and wouldn't be challenged, as I have read about these or have self-taught

1. Research a brief history of photography
2. Research a brief history of photography
3. Become more confident with camera handling
4. Understand camera controls
5. Experiment with exposure and focus and document

So anyway, I am digressing, any books or online tutorials would be great to help with the Improvers course.

Any decent course will usually have a "suggested reading" list - I'd start with that.

So anyway, I am digressing, any books or online tutorials would be great to help with the Improvers course.

Any decent course will usually have a "suggested reading" list - I'd start with that.

Having been there and done similar, I would suggest that the course should be your only set of Instructions as anything else may confuse you rather than help.
THEN look else where to back up what you have learned.

Hey thank you. I believe the tutor has his own hand-out sheets so I will take a look at them. I am currently reading Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera Bryan Peterson on Kindle and am planning to read the one on Composition. The Exposure book has really helped me grasp Exposure and how the different elements work.

Looking forward to the course as I need help with creativity and moving forward from just pointing and shooting my camera. :)

:plus1: Most courses will have a set of items to work through week by week, course tutor,s handouts will probably cover the items he is teaching on the course, follow them and you should not get too confused.

Having been there and done similar, I would suggest that the course should be your only set of Instructions as anything else may confuse you rather than help.
THEN look else where to back up what you have learned.

As I previously suggested, it may be better to go with the flow and only concentrate on the Course.

Back