weekly cptnm's 52 for 2024 - Week 16 - Empty

That's rather nice! I think I might have cropped off some of the foreground, but that's just me.

lovely scene especially with the mist and it clearing by the gate. Not sure about the colour of the sky on RHS.

That's rather nice! I think I might have cropped off some of the foreground, but that's just me.
Thank you! I'm not sure why I didn't even think of cropping it, would have been a good idea :facepalm:

lovely scene especially with the mist and it clearing by the gate. Not sure about the colour of the sky on RHS.
It's a lovely place - think the filter could have been adjusted for that but was focussing too much on the rest of the pic

A belter to start your 52 with. Great work!!
Thank you, I'm not sure if I've set the bar too high now :LOL:
Quite a cool mist shot !
Thank you! I hoped it would get a little thicker as it has over the past few months, but this worked nicely
Nice start Megan. A very atmospheric shot.
Nicely seen, good atmosphere and composition
Great shot. It has a very ethereal feel.
Thank you all, I'm glad it came out as intended - ethereal it a good description!

Yummy!! I'd say another belter to keep that bar nice and high!! Maybe just a tad off centre, and that line in the bg. But SooC so all good.

Two good pics to kick off with. the mist looks nice and good take on a "hard" theme

Mmmmmm sweeties! Nicely shot ;)

oooh rhubarb and custard with a sprinkling of candy cane, great colours and nice focus on the foreground

Yummy!! I'd say another belter to keep that bar nice and high!! Maybe just a tad off centre, and that line in the bg. But SooC so all good.
Thanks! Slightly off centre as used my phone and the buttons hide all of the right side (well, that's my excuse anyway)

Rhubarb and Custard?
I don't mind the line in the background. Nice use of DoF to focus the eye at the front of the shot and the colours have come out well especially SooC.
Thank you! Rhubarb and custard go down well in the house, and was very happy with the colours

oooh rhubarb and custard with a sprinkling of candy cane, great colours and nice focus on the foreground
You noticed the Christmas leftovers! Was tempted to spell out "hard" with them, but it didn't come out very well as you can imagine

Good take on the theme and nice dof.. That says trip to the dentist to me :LOL:

A couple of really nice images Megan that show that you have a good grasp of composition. Hard sweets made me chuckle out loud (col?) The close focus and almost macro dof make me want to eat one asap. The first shot is lovely and atmospheric and makes me want to zoom in on the fence (?) to see just what it is. You have my interest and therefore a good photograph. Nice work!

Great mist shot, that looks like a fun slope for kids to roll down.
The sweets are vibrant and look very tempting

Love the colour of the first shot. Spot on composition for me.
Thank you, it was quite a scenic place so glad it comes across well in the pic

Nice scene and good lines leading into the picture
Thank you! A shame it didn't lead straight to the lake afterwards

Another nice capture, no snow where I am though :-(
Thanks! It didn't last too long, these were taken quite high up so it didn't melt instantly like it did around the house!

As someone who has tried, and failed, to photograph fish in an aquarium - well done!

Soft - really like this, the sky makes it. I don't know why I didn't comment before.
Water - It's really clear and the DOF is perfect

Love the water shot, the fish looks as tho' it is suspended in "water":)

As someone who has tried, and failed, to photograph fish in an aquarium - well done!
Thank you! It's taken a few attempts and luckily a cooperative fish this time
Nice one, water looks very clear and you’ve captured the platy well
Thank you!
Nice bokeh image. As said, it ain't that easy to get good aquarium shots.
Cheers! I'm happy with the focus & like how the shape of the leaves came across
Soft - really like this, the sky makes it. I don't know why I didn't comment before.
Water - It's really clear and the DOF is perfect
Thanks! Wondering if there will be enough snow for a similar pic next week haha
Nicely composed and shot!
Thank you!
Love the water shot, the fish looks as tho' it is suspended in "water":)
She was very good for the pics! Thank you

Week 5
The nice blackbird that visits the garden - he was bribed a little bit with mealworms in front of the camera!
05 pc2-2 by M R, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice budgie shot Megan ;)

Back