weekly cptnm's 52 for 2024 - Week 16 - Empty

Well focussed on the bird's eye and beak. Full screen the mealworms become much more of a feature too.

We have a black bird that comes to our garden daily and the children, when they were little named him beakie. Still have the blackbird in the garden everyday, even though they have grown up (so probably a different bird) but we still say "beakie is in the garden) lol. Nice capture and good focus.

Nice budgie shot Megan ;)
That would have been a bit more colourful!
Another great pic in your 52. Sharp and the right amount of blur. Cool.
Thank you!
Well focussed on the bird's eye and beak. Full screen the mealworms become much more of a feature too.
Thanks! I was surprised how clear the mealworms were
Like the pov and nice focus on the bird,
Thank you!
We have a black bird that comes to our garden daily and the children, when they were little named him beakie. Still have the blackbird in the garden everyday, even though they have grown up (so probably a different bird) but we still say "beakie is in the garden) lol. Nice capture and good focus.
We have a similar story with a pigeon with a dodgy wing - I hope it's the same one though!
Nice light in the foreground. Good shot.
Thanks!

Yep - got that one sewed up Megan :D

Very neat. Although I then got distracted by a couple of loose ends on the reels. This subject is definitely bringing out my OCD side!

Snappers: I love the pov and the subtle light in this shot
Neat and tidy: there is something so satisfying about tidy thread boxes! Mine certainly doesn't look like this. Lovely colours too

Very nice - that certainly works
Thanks!
Yep - got that one sewed up Megan :D
Thank you, hope you didn't work on that one for too long!
Very neat. Although I then got distracted by a couple of loose ends on the reels. This subject is definitely bringing out my OCD side!
Now you mention it... Most of them haven't been used yet so don't blame me!
Stitched it. The middle appears sharper. Filter perhaps?
Thank you! I had portrait mode/blurred background on, but wasn't too sure how well that came across
Very colourful fits the theme well
Thank you!
Snappers: I love the pov and the subtle light in this shot
Neat and tidy: there is something so satisfying about tidy thread boxes! Mine certainly doesn't look like this. Lovely colours too
Thank you! I got lucky with timing for the thread as had only got the set the week earlier - my old collection definitely doesn't look like this either!

Week 7 - Filthy

We finally had our very muddy walk - was hard to pick between these two but I went with the dog as she did put the effort in to diving into a filthy puddle

DSC01129 by M R, on Flickr

DSC01150 by M R, on Flickr

Reactions: nog
Ah what a great photo of your dog, he looks so pleased with himself!

Cracking image there, love the eye contact with the camera.
Thank you! Just got to tell her that you've got a biscuit & it tends to work luckily!

Definitely a cute "aww" shot. Looks like a happy dog.
Thanks! I think she's in her element there

It was a bit damp there Meg, Nel needs a wash. Again :)
As always!

A beautiful dog portrait Megan.
Thank you!

Great shot of the dog, proper capture of the moment
Thanks!

Ah what a great photo of your dog, he looks so pleased with himself!
Thank you! She definitely looked proud there

Both work perfectly for the theme. Great DOF on the dog. Makes it a super shot!
Thanks! I think I would've gone with the wellies as far as pics go, but happy with the dog one!

Filthy shot - that just looks cold and wet.

Miss the days of dog-walking, but not the cleaning up on days like that.
That sounds accurate - definitely start thinking "hmm, now we've got to wash them" towards the end of the walk unfortunately

Not too bad. Also. I didn't zoom in much.

Incidentally did you see that some phones now artificially impose the details on the moon when people take photos of it?

I did wonder about doing "The whole of the moon", as I like the Waterboys song, but I'm afraid I couldn't be bothered to do the research, hope for a clear sky, find a location untroubled by excessive light pollution, etc., etc. So, well done you!

Not too bad. Also. I didn't zoom in much.

Incidentally did you see that some phones now artificially impose the details on the moon when people take photos of it?
Thank you! And I have heard of that, not really sure about it - I guess if you're not aware when you take the pic, it'd feel like an amazing camera but then sort of takes away the point? It almost becomes one of those "which star am I looking at" maps at some point

Nicely on theme Megan and well executed.
Thank you!

Nice. Daylight settings! I remember when I discovered how to avoid the white ball. 'Twas a eureka moment for sure!
It did take a little bit of fiddling & some quickly deleted pics if I'm honest haha

Yes that’s pretty whole and another week done (y)
Thanks!

I did wonder about doing "The whole of the moon", as I like the Waterboys song, but I'm afraid I couldn't be bothered to do the research, hope for a clear sky, find a location untroubled by excessive light pollution, etc., etc. So, well done you!
The timing worked very well for the theme, luckily! And possibly even more luckily, this was just from the garden so I even got to do all of the settings without getting too cold! Not sure the garden will work for anything smaller than the moon, though!

I like that :)

Nice shot Meg, lovely place for a walk. Nice soft light/colour on the hill in the background

Whole: Well done on the moon shot. Works perfectly
Hidden: I love the ambience of this. Very impressionistic.

I like that :)
Thanks!
+1 to the above, lovely shot and works well in that the viewer is the hidden one in the dark forest looking out.
Thank you - I like that view on it, I was thinking about the hills hidden from view but that works too
Nice shot Meg, lovely place for a walk. Nice soft light/colour on the hill in the background
Thank you & I do love those hills
Very nice image.
Thank you!
(y)I like the colour and contrast in that
Thanks!
Whole: Well done on the moon shot. Works perfectly
Hidden: I love the ambience of this. Very impressionistic.
Thank you - it's amazing me how much lightroom can rescue a picture haha
Agreeing with @HelenC has that 'painted' look. Well done!
Thanks, I love the painted look too!
That's superb! Lovely light
Thank you!

Back