weekly cptnm's 52 for 2024 - Week 22 - Critters

Good take on the theme and brings back some childhood memories. A lot of these places are now gone.

Nice arches - and underlined for us too :D

Nice set of arches, like them all being the same colour doors. The yellow lines are a bit distracting
Nice arches - and underlined for us too :D
Nice arches... Three words "Black and White" - just saying!
Thank you! I did think about removing the yellow lines but decided against (the empty beer bottle disappeared though!)
I did try black and white, but wasn't a huge fan of it - although that may just be as it's not usually my preference
Lovely set of arches!
Nice leading lines with the arches there and its nice that all the doors are the same.
Thank you both, and I do like that they've not all been changed
These are those arches turned into lock ups I reckon. Made me think of The Minder, and that's going back somewhat.
Good take on the theme and brings back some childhood memories. A lot of these places are now gone.
Loving the Arches, I really like old stuff like that from the bygone era.
Thanks! I think there was a brewery in there not too long ago, but mostly all lockups now as you say!

For such a simple shot I really like this, The focus and lighting is just right, and I love the fact that you can see the drops and the reflection of the clouds that they came from.

I like that! The shallow DoF helps to draw the eye in, and the pairing of blue and white is very pleasant.

Yep - goodun :)

For such a simple shot I really like this, The focus and lighting is just right, and I love the fact that you can see the drops and the reflection of the clouds that they came from.
I like that! The shallow DoF helps to draw the eye in, and the pairing of blue and white is very pleasant.
Yep - goodun :)
Nice composition of both the sunshine and the rain..
Nicely captured. Always winners these droplet shots!
Like the focus and colours
Thank you all - the blue was certainly pleasant :LOL:
Had thought of taking this pic for week 1's close to home, so I'm glad I finally got to use the idea!

Week 22 - Critters
Had a few to pick from this week, although this theme has make me think even more about getting a true macro lens
Apparently my clematis has an aphid issue, which ants have decided to solve by farming them. I learned something new about ants, at least!
22 - Critter 1 by M R, on Flickr

Almost went with this one as I like the colours more, but not the composition.
22 - Critter 2 by M R, on Flickr

And some very colourful critters visiting the bird feeder this week
22 - Critter 3 by M R, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yep nice critters and chosen shot!

Don't forget to edit your thread title :)

Good critters shot. I see what you mean about the second one, but I think it looks better rotated 90 degrees (or so the ant's climbing vertically).

[talkgardening]Ants won't solve your aphid problem, they're probably the cause of it.[/talkgardening]

Back