Craik Forest

Name
Elliott
Edit My Images
Yes
Went for a walk today in Craik Forest. One of Europes lasrgest man made forests.

Im brand new to photography and been struggling to decide what to take shots of (landscapes, animals, macro, people) so i decided to go for landscapes and scenery.

Would really appreciate some feed back on these shots, the main thing i was trying was to get the composition right.

Have done some editing in photoshop so some feedback on that would be fantastic.

Be as blunt as you like, im here to learn and want to improve.

Thanks

1zxjj4.jpg

5v86c1.jpg

Oooh! I'd love to go there, I've seen the signs on the way up to Edinburgh a few times, but never been able to go to the forest!

Beautiful place, i lived there for 12 years. Any feedback on the shots?

Both are OK bit lacking in something. I think the sky is good in 1. Is there some cloning or other PS work going on in the sky? Can see what appears to be repition, but maybe thats what was there?

Number 2 the sky is blown, and for that reason im not keen.

Thanks Gary, no cloning going on, just adjusted shadows and highlights and cropped them. Im not keen on the sky on the second one but im happy with the composition. The main thing i was tying to get right was the composition. Both shots where hand held also.

For me a couple of things stand out for the first shot anyhow.

1. Whilst the lead-in is the river, I'm not sure it is strong enough to draw you through the image to the mountains, so you eyes wander a bit.
2. The saturation looks a bit out, quick tweak of the levels will brighten the image.
3. Could do with a sharpen

Sky can hold it's own though :)

Back