Critique Cricket; Derbyshire II v Durham II

Name
Lee Parker
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a couple of days at Belper CC watching this game.

Trying to get used to using the AF-on rear focus button method.

All shot with Canon 1D mk3 and 300mm L (old version) and X1.4 extender mk2. Nos 6 & 8 were just shot at 300mm and cropped quite a lot.

One thing i'd like to ask the pros amongst you is stumps straight or fence straight in background? I may have ended up with neither!!

Criticism/critique more than welcome.

Cheers (even if they're no good I had a couple of cracking days!!)

Lardy

Derby II V Durham II 21 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 88 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 161 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 2nd Day 26 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 2nd Day 68 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 2nd Day 89 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 2nd Day 60 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Derby II V Durham II 2nd Day 91 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

not a bad set.. all the right boxes ticked.... 1 & 7 iffy exposure with such dark faces but thats how it goes with cricket on a bright day.. shooting into the sun is the only way to combat helmet shadows...

Cheers Gents. Im going to post a couple more in a different thread.

6,7,8 need straightening, use the external fences as a guide, far more likely to the vertical than some stumps bashed into the ground with the handle of a bat.

Really like the set, Lee - all well exposed and timed with the frame nicely filled. These are the kind of shots I am looking for, although I suspect I need more reach than I currently have.

Cheers gents. And thanks Gary as I thought that might the case as fences are definately straighter than any of the stumps I've ever bashed in!

I can't stand cricket but these all look like what I'd see in the Leicester Mercury! (Especially 2, 4 and 7)

Great stuff (IMHO).

not a bad set.. all the right boxes ticked.... 1 & 7 iffy exposure with such dark faces but thats how it goes with cricket on a bright day.. shooting into the sun is the only way to combat helmet shadows...

Really like the set, Lee - all well exposed.

Must be my monitor then ?

Having done a lot of cricket photography, I reckon you done well - its not as easy as folk think, trying to get an interesting perspective of the game. Personally, I always straighten the stumps

Back