Greengrass
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Hilsea earlier today.........

1. Bush Cricket
3834890458_f0b5ce20a5_o.jpg

2. I think this is a Wood Cricket. Poor chap had lost a leg in a spider's web but was still making his getaway!
3834890342_5a70d16c17_o.jpg

C & C always welcomed.

liking these (y)

ps: is it my monitor or does #1 have a little bit of noise?

liking these (y)

ps: is it my monitor or does #1 have a little bit of noise?

Thanks..........and you're right about the first shot. It was taken with a Panasonic FZ8 with a Raynox and onboard flash. My first try at using the Panasonic for macro (and the only shot I kept from about a dozen I took with it). Need to practice more!

I agree #1 is a tad noisy but still a great shot (y)

#2 seems to be missing a little "something" though :D

edit should have read the caption :coat:

Last edited:
I agree #1 is a tad noisy but still a great shot (y)

#2 seems to be missing a little "something" though :D

edit should have read the caption :coat:

Thanks...........and well spotted:D

I like the cricket - very sharp detailing - was that also taken with the Raynox attached?

The wood cricket (No2) was taken with my D300, sigma 105mm Macro and Marumi ring-flash. No Raynox. Of course, it helps with the sharpness when they've lost a leg or two and they can't move very fast:naughty:

You might want to run the first one through a noise reduction software, hang on.....
I've done it for you ;)
3836515681_167c1493fe_o.jpg

You might want to run the first one through a noise reduction software, hang on.....
I've done it for you ;)

Thanks very much mate..............you're getting quite good at doing my processing for me:LOL::LOL:

You're either going to have to show me how to do it properly or I'm going to have to start paying you:D

Well since being made redundant last month the later would be most welcome.

Back