Critique: Seventeen Pound Saxon

Name
Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
OK...we named our rescue cat "The Saxon" and he weighs in at 17 pounds. We think he might be a snowshoe or a snowshoe cross. He definitely has Siamese in him...very talkative and the points are very obvious. He's a sweetheart...but then who wouldn't say that about their pet. :LOL:

Constructive criticism welcome.

I'm torn on presentation...his eyes are so paie that you see "red" in the pupils where most animals show very black. If I don't correct for red eye (photos 1 and 4) I get much closer to what the Saxon actually looks like, but we've all been conditioned to see "red eye" as a photographic fault. Photos 2 & 3 have been red-eye corrected...What does everyone think...do we go for realism or for convention? :thinking:

On the sofa...
SaxonontheSofa_Web.jpg

Rolling on the floor...
RollingSaxon3_Web.jpg

Could this be a beached whale or a cat-sea lion cross?
RollingSaxon2_Web.jpg

Not quite asleep in his bed...
SaxonsEyes_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Personally prefer the 'Doctored' look.

BUT, what an interesting cat.

I love big cats and would only have a Foreign and this one seems to have it all.

I have never seen one before and doubt if they heve reached to this side of the water yet.

Lucky you.

Does it still have the 'Ring kink'?

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments on the photos.

Saxon doesn't have a ring kink. He waves his tail around, however, much more like a dog than a cat, especially when he's about to get something he wants (food). :LOL: His tail is thick and heavy, much like the rest of his body. Personality-wise, he simply has to be wherever you are. He never "sneaks off" to nap like our other cats have done. And if you're moving about, look out, because he'll be underfoot for sure.

It's too bad if the breed hasn't made it to Great Britain, yet. I knew nothing about snowshoes until we adopted this one. All I knew was that he was unusally handsome. My wife did the internet research and matched him up to the breed.

Back