Beginner Critique

cab

Name
chloe
Edit My Images
Yes
Would somone be able to critique me on the photo of the Sun setting, I took this photo today. Thank you.

Okay I understand where you are coming from thank you. But does it look good or not?

Okay I understand where you are coming from thank you. But does it look good or not?
It doesn't look bad. But in my opinion it looks a bit like you've phoned this one in; I kind of get what you were trying to do but there's something unexciting or stock about it. I don't think the crop compliments it - almost square, for a subject that doesn't particularly suit that crop. I'm imagining a more pronounced landscape crop with more of the dark, snaking branches extending around the periphery with the sun peaking through in the middle - almost overpowered by the darkness. That's what I feel it should be. My interpretation, that may not have been your intention at all.

I'd be very happy with that. I like the branch structure suggests framing the central part around the sun. Being picky, you've got a central twig that's out of focus that's a tad distracting but basically: I like, I think it's a good shot and processing.

Yeah I like it. Love the blending colours and the framing as mentioned above. Feels warm.

Thank you everyone who's commented really appreciate:)

Back