Critique Crocus

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Would like thoughts on this, and how it could be improved. the only pp is to correct the exposure +2/3 stop. And to crop it square removing another crocus which was outside the DOF.

DSC_0901crop by andrewwright4, on Flickr

never too sure Andrew when there is quite a big difference in the main subject between the in focus and OOF areas ..... sometimes it works for me, other times not

IMHO, somehow the RHS is not in balance with the rest .. the two blue areas on the edge of the frame, (RHS bottom and top), could be something to do with it and distract .. you could clone them out and see what it looks like

Maybe the crop is too tight ... it is easy to get into the "no mans land" - as I call it, between "close ups" and "macro" ...... to me they are distinctively different in style and composition although they may be the same technically by both being within the technical definition of "macro" ... you really have to hit "sharpness" with macros ........ just my views

Last edited:
This shot works pretty good for me Andrew.(y)

George.

never too sure Andrew when there is quite a big difference in the main subject between the in focus and OOF areas ..... sometimes it works for me, other times not

IMHO, somehow the RHS is not in balance with the rest .. the two blue areas on the edge of the frame, (RHS bottom and top), could be something to do with it and distract .. you could clone them out and see what it looks like

Maybe the crop is too tight ... it is easy to get into the "no mans land" - as I call it, between "close ups" and "macro" ...... to me they are distinctively different in style and composition although they may be the same technically by both being within the technical definition of "macro" ... you really have to hit "sharpness" with macros ........ just my views
I wasn't sure when I looked at this, I don't use a program to clone out areas , I would have done it. I agree about the focus, was reasonably pleased but not 100%, so thought I would ask for critique. I did like the way the stollen appears to be in suspension.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure when I looked at this, I don't use a program to clone out areas , I would have done it. I agree about the focus, was reasonably pleased but not 100%, so thought I would ask for critique. I did like the way the stolen appears to be in suspension.

Hi Andrew - Critique does not mean that your image is poor, far from it, it is just that it allows thought around composition and the technical aspects of the image ........ which can help all, whether we agree or not with the comments

Hi Andrew - Critique does not mean that your image is poor, far from it, it is just that it allows thought around composition and the technical aspects of the image ........ which can help all, whether we agree or not with the comments
No I know that, I am basically happy with the image, but I had a doubt so thought I would ask for comments, it makes things more interesting, helps me learn more.
I have posted the original here, maybe more ideas may come out

DSC_0901 by andrewwright4, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back