Cromarty

Love The Cromarty Hotel.

(Must go back :D)

I remember seeing boat loads of them out in Aberdeen Bay when ours went up - much to Donald Trump's disgust :LOL:
This gives a good indication of how big they are. These were on there way to the Seagreen windfarm off the coast of montrose where my son works.
Sorry for the thread hijack John....

Screenshot_20211211-001828_Chrome.jpg

Nice set , John (y)
I think these are the supports for Offshore Windfarms.
The weather certainly improved after we last spoke ;)

Thanks, Mike. So, structures for offshore windfarms. I almost wrote oil rigs then I saw photos of oil rigs and they were huge. Residents want them moved.

As I mentionerdd in a previous post to you we were staying at Chanonry Point for the second week ..My cat-on-the-roof photo was taken where we stayed. It's a 1950's dormer bungalow but right behind the lighthouse so no worries about parking in the small parking area which has pay and display and gets busy.The owner of the house is returning to live in it next month so no more rental. It was bitterly cold .`NNE winds, so much so that the skin on my nose peeled because I was sitting on my small triangle seat on the beach for 3 hours after low tide for 6 days running with Sunday being the first day and I was told that on the previous Friday a pod of 12 were there. Not one dolphin since. Such is nature.I'll go somewhere not so cold next time. Cardigan Bay,Wales is favourite and only 3 hours drive away.

This gives a good indication of how big they are. These were on there way to the Seagreen windfarm off the coast of montrose where my son works.
Sorry for the thread hijack John....

View attachment 357171

Had to dash to watch the England -Hungary game,Bob hence the delay in responding. Wished I hadn't bothered..we lost 4-0...lol.

That town puts them in perspective. They're huge. I'll change my photo title to wind farm structures now.. (y)

Thanks, Mike. So, structures for offshore windfarms. I almost wrote oil rigs then I saw photos of oil rigs and they were huge. Residents want them moved.

As I mentionerdd in a previous post to you we were staying at Chanonry Point for the second week ..My cat-on-the-roof photo was taken where we stayed. It's a 1950's dormer bungalow but right behind the lighthouse so no worries about parking in the small parking area which has pay and display and gets busy.The owner of the house is returning to live in it next month so no more rental. It was bitterly cold .`NNE winds, so much so that the skin on my nose peeled because I was sitting on my small triangle seat on the beach for 3 hours after low tide for 6 days running with Sunday being the first day and I was told that on the previous Friday a pod of 12 were there. Not one dolphin since. Such is nature.I'll go somewhere not so cold next time. Cardigan Bay,Wales is favourite and only 3 hours drive away.
We were across the Moray Firth at Nairn and from Tuesday afternoon onwards it was really warm - so much so that I had to go buy a pair of shorts!!
Its not very often my pale blue legs get exposed to the sun :LOL:

That's a shame.
I've been to Chanonry Point a few times and only once have I struck it lucky.
Think it all depends on the tides.
On that day, it was blowing a gale with horizontal freezing rain so perhaps Wales would be a better option :LOL: :LOL:

Dolphin 1 by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Back