Cropredy Lock...a bit of Springtime

Canon Bob

Loves the Enemy
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I keep trying to reproduce this shot with better gear. Despite much improved equipment now it seems the moment's never quite the same.
Bob

Cropredy_Lock.jpg

Yes its a lovely shot but oversharpened is what struck me when I first opened it.

the moment's never quite the same.
Bob

That's photography in a nutshell. You have to keep going back and back until you get the shot, if you're sure it's there it will be.

I have to say I like the first version, a painter would add a boy fishing and some ducks or something.

I agree, somewhere between the two may work.

I've still got the original and PP'd this on my laptop whilst killing time at Seoul airport last night....just got back.

I used 100% sharpen of the JPG using Canon's DPP...should I have applied this before or after reducing the resolution to 800x600...I did it afterwards. I normally use 'factor 3' for RAW's...okay?

Thanks for the crit and no problems with the editing....add the boy fishing if you've got the time.

Bob

That looks quite difficult exposure wise, with the strong sunlight and the deep shadows on the right where detail has been lost. Lovely spot though and worth persevering with.

I like the first one personally, brings back many happy memories of childhood, messing about around that area (y)

Are you based locally to this Bob?

I agree - #1 looks the better of the two
great composition and exposure, too!

#1 for me too, although it does look a little over too me also. Pretty view and a nice shot.

I like the first one personally, brings back many happy memories of childhood, messing about around that area (y)

Are you based locally to this Bob?

About 2 miles away....when I'm home !

Thanks for any crit and ideas folks....I'm not really the artistic type so try to stick to the techno shots. I just posted this when I was bored at the airport and flicking through some older stuff.

Bob

Back