Crouching Togger, Hidden Peacock

Name
Melissa
Edit My Images
Yes
my first thread in this birdie section :)

A couple of Peacocks, male & female.

Let me know if they do anything for you, and critique would be great, especially on the processing and compostion, not sure if they work! Alternative crop ideas for number 2 welcomed too!

1. Male Peacock.
HollandTrip09-1-15.jpg

2. Female Peacock.
HollandTrip09-1-19.jpg

Really like the first pic of the peacock, nicely composed with the full of his wee crown of plumes in the shot. Real shame about grasses across him though especially the one through his crown but I still like it. ;)

2nd pic of the peahen doesn't really do anything for me personally though I'm afraid. I do like the processing and the colour/texture of the neck and breast feathers but not so sure about everything else in particulare the head on pose.

just my tuppence though and hope it didn't come across as harsh Melissa. (y)

Tommy.

i like the composition of *1 but not the colour and processing.

Not so sure about *2 I think unless they are showing off the feathers they would be better side on.

Andy

Tommy, no i dont think you were too harsh, i appreciate your honesty, that's really what i need to improve anyways :) thanks for your input, yeah i agree about the peahen (lol, or what i call a 'female peacock' haha) picture, having another good look at it i've gone off it a bit too. I like the 1st one, you're right, pity i got the grass in the way!

Andy, same, thanks for your honesty, and i'm glad you said about the processing cause it still needs refined! Do you think it would suit a more natural colour?

Pragmatist, thank you! I shall! I tend to avoid the harsh sunlight now but i guess i shouldn't complain about it being sunnny while i'm on holiday haha!

Hi Mellissa

Yes i would be tempted to reduce contrast/saturation. Im still getting my head round Post Processing as i tend not to do much with the sports stuff.

I would keep the natural tones of the peacock as they tend to be quite vibrant anyway.

Of course it all depends if the image we see and the image you see are the same. Monitor calibration can make a big difference

Andy

Back