Crown Court.

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
As ever please comment on my errors & the way of correcting them........

LINCOLN-CROWN-COURT.jpg

Looking at it now I think I may be suffering from some Halo's :(

The halos don't stand out to me, I think it is very, very good. Tis a shame about the sky or lack of detail in it. I think it could use a little more processing or should i say stand a little more processing but that's just my oppinion. Very nice shot and a lovely building.....wondering if this is DJW's house? :D

excellent effort, as Ken says, needed a sunny day with a couple of little white fluffy clouds

I tried to do something with the sky with Shadow/Highlight.

Please feel free to play away............

What/how did you do it? :)

Please re-post Ken.

Cheers KenCo1964......I think what you did would look good in B&W :thumb:

Due to the simple lines between building & sky, it would be relatively easy to add a more dramtic sky. See tutorial here

wow that scrubbed up well eh!

My take on things seeing as though everybody seems to be digging in on this one....
Just put a gradient fill layer over it and then adjusted the opacity to suit.

tweaked levels and addded borders for frame.

Hope the xplanation helps.

The Gradient fill option fill in PS can sometimes act like a ND grad filter. but ONLY if you haven't blown the sky detail in the original exposure.

HTH!#

LINCOLN_CROWN_COURT.sized.jpg

I can see gandhi's pic.

P-E Just look at your original shot and see how washed out and lifeless it is. For now, just open the shot in PS or whatever you use, and slowly increase the contrast with the contrast slider. Take it a bit at a time and watch the shot come to life with contrast and colour.

The sky may well burn out a little on the left but don't worry about it for now, just notice the difference you can get with this one simple action.:)

gandhi, you're trying to show the sized (smaller) version of the pic. Probably why it wont show on some machines?

I agree CT it does look washed out and its not the first time I have posted pictures that look this way :eyesup: I keep making the same old mistake.

Will try the contrast slider see if that improves things.

P-E said:
I agree CT it does look washed out and its not the first time I have posted pictures that look this way :eyesup: I keep making the same old mistake.

Will try the contrast slider see if that improves things.

Rome in a day mate and all that. We've all been there, just try to get a little more punch into your shots for starters. :)

CT said:
Rome in a day mate and all that. We've all been there, just try to get a little more punch into your shots for starters. :)

I will have another go with the RAW file and see what I can do.

Thanks for the encouragement. ;)

CT said:
Mucho betterer. :thumb:

So you reckon playing around with the contrast slider CT is what I should be looking to do?

Well you've obviously gone back to the RAW image for your last effort there. I was just thinking more of you using your original jpeg image to show what can be done with just simple adjustments, but just adding a ittle contrast to your shots will make a big difference generally.

Look for good deep blacks generally speaking and you wont go far wrong. Just copy your original jpeg and have a play with the contast you'll see what I mean. :)

There's no set way to do anything in processing, there are so many ways to achieve the same thing. What you need to get a handle on is when a shot looks properly adjusted.

I still want to brighten that last one up as it seems to dark to me.

As with most of my pictures I keep hitting Shadow/Highlight tool and think this is where Iam getting the washed out look.

P-E said:
I still want to brighten that last one up as it seems to dark to me.

As with most of my pictures I keep hitting Shadow/Highlight tool and think this is where Iam getting the washed out look.

The last shot has a nice range in it, if you are seeing something other than that and feel it needs futher shadow/highlight adjustment, it is likely that your monitor calibration is off somewhat, specifically your gamma.

Check out the link Matt posted to calibrating your monitor, it gives you correct images off which you will be able to tell for certain if your monitor is set correctly and if not, shows you how to alter it so that it is. :)

Right this one is the original jpeg posted.........

LINCOLN-CROWN-COURT2.jpg

Played with the levels and contrast.

Heads in a shed & my eyes are sore........need a :beer:

Back