Crumpler Daily 490 Is Fantastic! (was... Help! Need A Bag Quick)

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Ok, kinda ballsed up a little here. Am off work next week and will hopefully get the chance to take some piccies, but my current bag only holds half my gear and I really want to take everything in one bag if poss.

This means either buying online now for guaranteed delivery tomorrow, or the local camera shop (1 independent, or jessops).

Any recommendations... I need to fit in...

400D
24-70 f/2.8 Sigma
10-20 Sigma
70-300 IS Canon
100 Macro Canon
580EX Flashgun (not essential but preferable)

Also assortment of bits (remote, cards, batteries, charger, microfibres)

Prefer shoulder rather than backpack (the less camera-y looking the better).

God, I wish I was more organised sometimes, I've been looking at bags for yonks and have now left it right last minute! :(

Ok, kinda ballsed up a little here. Am off work next week and will hopefully get the chance to take some piccies, but my current bag only holds half my gear and I really want to take everything in one bag if poss.

This means either buying online now for guaranteed delivery tomorrow, or the local camera shop (1 independent, or jessops).

400D
24-70 f/2.8 Sigma
10-20 Sigma
70-300 IS Canon
100 Macro Canon

God, I wish I was more organised sometimes, I've been looking at bags for yonks and have now left it right last minute! :(

Maybe the Lowepro Slingshot 300? Not sure what looks "camer-y" and what doesn't. IMHO, my Kata's don't look like camera bags, other than when the tripod is attached, but others disagree.

Many recommend the Crumpler range as very non-camera looking bags

Definately recommend heading to somewhere like your local Jessops, taking in all your gear and ensure you get one that fits everything you want it to!

FFordes have a big promotion on their ex demo Lowepro bags - half price or better.

Look under their used equipment/gadget bags/Lowepro section.

https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

400D
24-70 f/2.8 Sigma
10-20 Sigma
70-300 IS Canon
100 Macro Canon

Whats your budget? lowepro make a very good series of backpac's from the AW trekker range, own the phototrekker, fantastic bag, crumpler are definitely destinctive in design (and weird names), Kata are OK, own the R102, small but you can get alot in, tamrac is another budget make with a good series of backpac's, have a look at warehouseexpress they have a very good selection of camera bags and offer next day delivery

Peter

That is quite a lot to fit in a shoulder bag, I tried to do that (one lens less) in a Crumpler Pretty Boy shoulder bag and it was uncomfortable for longer periods, I ended up with a Fastpack 250 which swings round like a shoulder bag but does look a bit like a photo bag.

Thanks for the help...

No budget. Was hoping a PrettyBoy XXXL would do the job, but looking at pics on here they look tiny! Local camera shops have nothing that really suits me.

Looks like I might have to settle for either a backpack or one of those over the shoulder bags.

Billingham 550

:eek:

If I was going on safari, but IMO the styling of that thing is ewww.

BTW... fussiness is another of my traits :LOL:

Argh! less than 3 hours left to order from WHExpress

Anyone got a Crumpler Daily? Even the Daily L 490 sounds fairly large on paper. Am off searching now.

400D
24-70 f/2.8 Sigma
10-20 Sigma
70-300 IS Canon
100 Macro Canon

i have a similar amount of kit to you,and i get it all in the lowepro minitrekker AW no probs at all...plus it'll carry a tripod should you need to..

Redsnapper, £45, I just received mine yesterday and it is more than capable of holding your kit and is excelelnt quality for the money.

have a look on fotosence they so next day delivery

not sure which you should go for i have a preference for back packs but the crumplers dont look like camera bags and the L daily bag will hold a lot of gear :)

Redsnapper, £45, I just received mine yesterday and it is more than capable of holding your kit and is excelelnt quality for the money.

I've googled...

creative web agency or seafood?

Thanks for the help...

No budget. Was hoping a PrettyBoy XXXL would do the job, but looking at pics on here they look tiny! Local camera shops have nothing that really suits me.

Looks like I might have to settle for either a backpack or one of those over the shoulder bags.

You'll need a Crumpler Daily - either the L or XL. Jessops sell them though you would pick them up a lot cheaper online. Sounds like you might not have time!

Ok, thanks for your help people :)

Finally managed to track down someone with something in stock for immediate dispatch. Trickier than I expected. And Park Cameras, although helpful, are a pain in the wotsit, expecting me to fax through letterheads and utility bills etc in order to get delivery to my works address! Warehouse Express had nothing that I asked about in stock!

In the end, Clifton Cameras (presume thats Clifton, Bristol, or is Bernie the owner :LOL:) have guaranteed delivery tomorrow, to my work address on a Crumpler Daily L in black. Not the cheapest bag I've ever bought, but hopefully spacious, by all accounts super quality, and will double as a daily work bag. :)

Talk Photography members get 10% Redsnapper, check the link on the home page.

But defintaley worth a look and Joe is very helpful(y)

Well, just got into work and my bag's already arrived. So a mighty fine recommendation if anyone is thinking of using Clifton Cameras. Top guys!

And thanks to everyone here for the suggestions etc yesterday.

As for the bag (a Crumpler Daily L 490)... holy poo batman! This thing is a monster. It's huge (from the outside anyways) and quality is just staggering. You certainly can see where your money has gone and it's going to take me several hours I think to 'explore' the bag. There's padding everywhere, lots of pockety bits, and well, compared to my little Lowepro Slingshot 100AW that came free with my camera, the Crumpler is in another league.

I dont plan on testing it, but I reckon you could drop it down the stairs and all the equipment would be fine.

I'm so impressed I might even take some shots of it and do a mini review in a few weeks time.

Back