Crypt HDR WARNING

I think this has real potential, my only concern is the act that it looks "washed out". There doesn't seem to be enough dark tones to it, perhaps a bit of a tweak in PS will bring a bit more POP to it. Very nice image all the same.

I think this has real potential, my only concern is the act that it looks "washed out". There doesn't seem to be enough dark tones to it, perhaps a bit of a tweak in PS will bring a bit more POP to it. Very nice image all the same.

Cheers Rob. Ive had 4 attempts at this image and none of them look right. Some things are just not meant to be it seems :LOL:

Getting there! (y) Thats my fave one up to now, keep it going, don't give up :)

Doesnt do it for me Gary, as said it washed out with not much of a tonal range, theres defiantly potential, in the subject, from below the cross down to the ground the needs to be strongish contrast to pull that part of the image forward and to be honest the frame doesnt compliment the image its far to bold, hope you dont mind I did a quick edit to bring the base forward

7686127684_68d54a85fa_b.jpg

Mausolium by Stinking Bishop, on Flickr

Dave

Cheers Dave that loks a lot better (y)
What did you do? just out of interest

Hi Gary

I added a curves layer used the picker tool from the menu with in the curves panel choose the tones i wanted to darken, once they were plotted I move the curve accordingly, the masked out the areas I didnt want the adjustment to alter, see below

7686244928_f5618788a5_b.jpg

Cheers Dave (y) here I go again

I am likeing this, however i do feel the sky is to blown out, if mine i would darken that sky a lot more. Love the content just up my street....

Sorry, but IMVHO you are flogging a dead horse.

Ditch the HDR and see what can be done with straight B&W or colour.

Just my 2p's worth....a HDR lover.

None of these work in opinion, HDR is meant to add detail into light and shadow areas, you seem to have a largely blown out sky which well done HDR should eliminate. :|

Back