cs3 renaming batch process

If youre just renaming files, I use a free program called CKRename, its very versatile :)

hi all,

I would like to know how using PS CS3 batch processes, to rename files. In particular to add something onto the end of the file name for each file in a particular folder.

:)

Best tip I found was to go to tools, batch rename, then choose in first line of dialogue :
DateTime, Date created, MMDDYYYY
then in second line:
Preserved filename, Name + extension, original case
This adds for example 04202008 to the front of your filename, and then you can automatically sort all files, irrespective of which camera they are taken on into date order.

Best tip I found was to go to tools, batch rename, then choose in first line of dialogue :
DateTime, Date created, MMDDYYYY
then in second line:
Preserved filename, Name + extension, original case
This adds for example 04202008 to the front of your filename, and then you can automatically sort all files, irrespective of which camera they are taken on into date order.

umm..tools? i cant see that.. :shrug:

umm..tools? i cant see that.. :shrug:

You need to use Adobe Bridge which is part of CS3 and then go to tools. In CS3 go to File, Browse. This opens up Adobe Bridge. Browse to the folder you wish to rename in Bridge, then go to tools, batch rename, and do as I stated, or if you prefer chose to add whatever you want to the end of the file name.

Back