"CT" IM TRYIN MATE

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
ct im tryin but even these little buggers are hard to get ..

:shrug: could or would anyone look at the exif details and see if my settings are anywhere near or suggest something else to try..

tfl as always

garden11.jpg

garden29.jpg

nothing wrong, just need more z000m! DOF is great, I would try and do something with the overexposed top of log though, a little distracting.

Good shots :)

You'd need to post files that have EXIF data in them.... oops :D

The first is front focused by the looks of it. Nice sharp log.
2nd is better, try a crop.. also the top of the log is blown, try a lower angle

Very little wrong with those Dave apart from the bits already pointed out. :shrug:

Just concentrate on the basics - good solid platform for the camera, as fast a shutter speed as you can get in the circumstances and make sure you focus on that bird's eye - or the head at least. Use just one AF spot - in practice it's usually the centre one because they hop around too much to keep changing.

Don't use a cable release. Even with the 300mm lens learn to practice good long lens technique where you damp the lens vibration with your left hand - I do this even with shorter lenses than that.

Long Lens Technique

Don't use a cable release. Even with the 300mm lens learn to practice good long lens technique where you damp the lens vibration with your left hand - I do this even with shorter lenses than that. [URL="http://www.moosepeterson.com/techtips/longlens.html" said:
Long Lens Technique[/URL]

lol as i put the cable back in the bag before anyone sees...
i thought id try it . time to sit or stand still..

cheers for the info guys

og.. the exif is that to do with the way i save for the web :thinking:

Much as I hate to raise the subject of filthy money Dave, a gimbal head will do more for your shots than any other single item of kit - well apart from a lens - you do kinda need one of them.:LOL:

They're all horribly expensive with the exception of the Manfrotto 393 which is around a hundred quid.

CLICKY

ok so the birds are being very helpfull today ..
hope this is a little better...

garden42.jpg

bit of exif..
tv 1/750
av 5.6
metering partial
iso 200
focal length 420mm

(y)

That's better mate. You can't beat getting as close as the birds will let you - even with monster zooms. The sparrer pics I posted yesterday were probably 25 feet at the most, and 700mm. That will always get you the finest feather detail etc. Having said that though don't become possessed with filling the frame - your second sparrow pic is the one I'd choose as the best overall composition.

Nice shots, like the cropped one

:shrug: cropped one :shrug:

the last one is straight from the camera no cropping at all if thats the one you mean...(y)

moved the camera closer to the birds:D

Hey monkey, I just came across that last sparrow shot on BirdForum :D

I used to go on there more, but there's just soooo many members it's impossible to keep track of threads.

The last shot is fine Dave, Keep at it mate.:)

Back