Cuba: Havana

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
I like them all but would make subtle changes to no.1 by cropping the top and bottom off, remove the sky and the top of the arches at the bottom of the first shot. I like the symmetry in the second shot but it is spoiled by the tree on the left, clone the sky on the right and paste over the tree..Like the last one a lot but shame about the figure walking past. Great set though.

Hi Pete,

I hope you had a good honeymoon - there's certainly a good mix of the squalour and splendour that you mention in these photos.

Second one is the stand out shot for me.
I really do like that a lot. Nice B&W conversion and good symmetry. There's something to keep me interested and engaged in it too with the billowing curtains and storm cloud brewing overhead.

The first is interesting, but where you've pushed the processing there's some haloing visible around the edge of the roof. I'd be really tempted to crop that out and maybe take a little from the bottom too to lose the tops of the windows below.

Personally I struggle to see the appeal in most car photos (in general, not yours in particular :) ) so it's kind of hard for me to give an opinion on the last one. I do like the shooting angle and composition but I'm in two minds about whether the colours are just too saturated for me or if they really work.

Steve - Sarah,

thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I'll remove the tree on the Gazeebo shot and see how that looks.

I know what you mean regarding the sky in the first one. I'll crop it down and see how it looks.

thanks!

number 2 is a corker, good work :)

Back