Cupra-R Shoot

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Some pics that I took last weekend of a friend's Seat Leon Cupra-R 1.8T.

My apologies first of all for the poor backdrop i didn't have much time so it was shot outside my house, we didn't have time to look for a decent location, and the weather wasn't exactly ideal.
He popped back later that evening and we took some more shots in the glamorous surroundings of a late-night supermarket carpark :LOL:

I'm on the lookout for a nice, scenic, backdrop now!

Some C&C would be much appreciated! thanks for looking! (y)

BW01.jpg

BW2.jpg

Headlight_Reflection.jpg

wheelspin.jpg

SelectiveBoost.jpg

BW4.jpg

DSC_5705.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

i actually quite like the black + white ones you have taken, but some of the angles are a little bit extreme, also like the boost gauge shot, the selective colouring seems to work well.

how did yo u get number 4? (it would have looked a lot better if the whole wheel was shown)
(y)

Chris

Hi,

i actually quite like the black + white ones you have taken, but some of the angles are a little bit extreme, also like the boost gauge shot, the selective colouring seems to work well.

how did yo u get number 4? (it would have looked a lot better if the whole wheel was shown)

Chris

Cheers, Chris. It was using the selective rotational blur tool in GIMP

I like No2 a lot
I like the idea of No3 with your mates reflection in the headlight, although the BG is distracting as is the blownout windscreen
No5 would look better if the boost gauge was not on zero
No6 the car is absolutely filthy and I can see you in the front bumper, other than that I like it.
No7 is just a snap

As for insurance, do a google search for photographer liability insurance, theres loads out there and its not as expensive as you may think.
*Edit as I had forgotton we had jumped to another thread, the insurance bit relates to this thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=129198*

I do like those Seats, probably the best looking car Seat has made.

Last edited:
I like No2 a lot
I like the idea of No3 with your mates reflection in the headlight, although the BG is distracting as is the blownout windscreen
No5 would look better if the boost gauge was not on zero
No6 the car is absolutely filthy and I can see you in the front bumper, other than that I like it.
No7 is just a snap

As for insurance, do a google search for photographer liability insurance, theres loads out there and its not as expensive as you may think.
*Edit as I had forgotton we had jumped to another thread, the insurance bit relates to this thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for....php?t=129198*

I do like those Seats, probably the best looking car Seat has made.

Hi BOM!
Cheers for the comments. I did ask him to clean it before he came round, but I'm not sure he understood the type of shots i was aiming for. :bonk:

Nevermind, it was just for me to practice with levels, lighting, WB and PPing to be honest.

Shot 7 is the only one to have come straight from the camera, but looking at it again, i think it needs to show it's face in GIMP for a makeover :)

Glad you noticed the headlight reflection in 3 :) think i'm getting the hang of layering now (y) lol.

Number 2 is his, and my favourite shot too.

AS for the boost gauge, i was thinking i could have set it up with a longer exposure and got him to illuminate it, and wind the boost up to get a trail on the needle. :shrug: :thinking:

Thanks for the Insurance note ;)

Nice pics, but that's not a pukka Cupra-R. I used to have one of these beasts and can spot a lookey -likey a mile off. It has a standard Cupra front end, a mod you would never make on an R .

- You're not wrong :LOL: but the owner did buy it and insure it as a Cupra-R, then was told by an astute member of the Seat fraternity, like yourself, exactly what you just said. :LOL: he got some cash back to bring it down ro market value from the 2nd-hand dealer after Seat confirmed it also. :bonk:

It is however a bona-fide 1.8T with a lot of extra goodies (and lots and lots of cash spent on it) and it's now pushing around 275bhp so the rolling road claims! (y)

Last edited:
2 and 5 are great shots. I also like what you did with the wheel, very clever
why, thankyou very much, Matt. would you care to have a look at my other thread which kind of relates to this. I think you'll be in a good position to answer some of my questions, if you don't mind.

(y) cheers for the kind words!

Last edited:
DOH! :bonk:

Nope, it's a different one, try it again mate. sorry :wacky:

Back