current canon lenses work on older bodies

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
a friend has found a old canon eos500 film camera as there not worth alot he has giving it to me some time soon rather then sell it i want to have a go with it i dont have a clue about film camera's

will my current canon lenses work all are canon versions not sigma

I'm not sure if it's the same camera but I've used a 500n with a 17-40 as a wide option.

5469068025_bc8aa11a5e_z.jpg

no it means it probably won't even mount the EF-S lenses, or if it does, they'll potentially smash into the moving mirror and completely mung the camera :LOL:

EF-S mount protrudes further back into the camera so don't use those.

Just treat it as you would a full frame DSLR and use EF mount.

Last edited:
The EF lenses shown in your profile (what you use with your 5D2) will be fine.

I think the colour of the dots have to match up? My 400D kit lens won't fit on my EOS 600, but my 50mm Canon lens will.

as said, all EF lenses will work with your cam.

it's effectively a 'full frame' DSLR, so should be treated in that way in regards to lenses used.

I have an EOS 33 as one of my film bodies, the ability to interchange lenses with my DSLR is very handy indeed.

I've been using my 5D2 EF lenses with EOS 300 camera without any problem. everything just works. also, the flashgun will also work like a dream.

so basically I've adopted to use my EOS 300 as a second body, it's light and easy to carry. just throw in my camera bag in case my 5D2 plays up.

Back