Custom Printer Profiling

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
This has come up on another thread and is something I've considered before. I have a callibrated monitor and an Epson R800 printer. Although the prints are pretty good, they're not perfect. Since I only print on two paper types, the idea of splashing £300 on something like a ColorMunki does not appeal.

There are a number of services available that offer custom printer profiling where you download a target (or series of targets) print them and then get emailed a custom profile. They seem to cost between £12 and £20 a go, which sounds pretty good to me.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these services and can recommend one before I spend my hard earned cash?

Thanks

Paul

I've just done one with a chap who is LRPS so he's a tog himself. He's called Heritage and despite the fact that I send my profile off yesterday morning, I got home today to find an email with my shiny new printer profile. Cost £14.

I'll load it up in the next few days and write it up for everyone. I'm rather looking forward to trying it and I also got full instructions on how to use it in CS3. Seems like a really good chap.

Well, this place is marvelous. Thanks to this post, a member came forward and offered to profile my printer for me. He emailed me the test swatches for me to print out and send back to him. After a couple of iterations to try different rendering intents, we are there! It's much improved.

So, a big thanks to Mark, mho.

Paul

Back