Cute, red & rude

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Made you look :LOL:
Had a visit to Formby on Friday & was lucky enough to see the squirrels, foxes & numerous birds.
All C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

1. So cute it's sickening :puke: :LOL:

Red_sq_01.jpg

2. Foxy foxy.

Foxy_01.jpg

3. Rude Robin - not to everyones taste but I'm using this as a Christmas card design so have added in some fake frost & selective colouring to make the robin really stand out.

Christmas_robin_01.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

I really like these shots. I live up the road from formby (Crosby) and get up there quite a lot. There is a real problem with a virus that is killing the red squirrels at the moment. Apparently it comes from the grey squirrels. Hope that this isn't the end of the reds. They are cute and very friendly.

Chris :)

Cheers for the feedback Chris (y)
I did speak to the rangers & they think that it's reaching the end of the virus (squirrelpox apparently) would be such a shame if more died, they make such great subjects :(
Confident little fella this one was, kept sneaking up behind me & the first I knew about it was the munching sound right next to me :LOL:

Under hobbies in your profile, it doesn't mention taxidermy!?

Only kidding mate, great shots!

JB

Great squirrel shot. All good, but the squirrel, really good.

All good stuff Mike, but for me the Fox takes the prize, great capture. Is the fox captive or wild?.

Great pics.(y)(y) I love the red squirrels and as I've said on here before hate the vermin greys. They should be killed at every opportunity for the destruction they have caused and are causing to our indiginous reds.

Great shots. Love the red Squirrels. Don't get them down South! Have you seen the latest issue of Digital Camera Magazine? It's got a picture of a red Squirrel on front cover.

Great set, i like them all. I would be tempted to crop a bit from the bottom of the Robin photo as i feel it is a bit to central.

All very good shots, but if I have to pick a winner it has to be the fox(y)

#1 and #2 absolute stunners
not so sure about #3, just not in the same league

Like them all, but number 1 for me, just a classic post and such a great shot (y)

No2 for me, that intense stare is magnetic.

Good work.

I hate to appear to be the ne'er sayer, here. However, ARE they real? Honestly? The squirrel looks a little posed, but the fox has a distinctly glassy eyed look; it looks somewhat unnatural - as if it's not focusing on anything. Do excuse me for saying so.

They are great images, don't get me wrong. I actually prefer the Robin, though, as it looks more natural (and will make a good Christmas card, in my view.)

I like those a lot. Great composition for the squirrel shot.

Wow, thanks for the massive amount of feedback everyone, very much appreciated (y)

All good stuff Mike, but for me the Fox takes the prize, great capture. Is the fox captive or wild?.

They are wild Steve, there were two of them running for ages! I was quite shocked myself tbh. Cheers for the feedback (y)

Great set, i like them all. I would be tempted to crop a bit from the bottom of the Robin photo as i feel it is a bit to central.

I did try a crop like you suggested but left it cropped in this way as it looked better with the christmas card text added, I felt the post was too close to the bottom of the frame otherwise. Cheers for the feedback mate (y)

I hate to appear to be the ne'er sayer, here. However, ARE they real? Honestly? The squirrel looks a little posed, but the fox has a distinctly glassy eyed look; it looks somewhat unnatural - as if it's not focusing on anything. Do excuse me for saying so.

They are great images, don't get me wrong. I actually prefer the Robin, though, as it looks more natural (and will make a good Christmas card, in my view.)

:LOL: Thanks for the feedback Ian - all of my shots are real (I don't agree with taxidermy :LOL:) I do however agree with you in some ways - the squirrel just stood there & posed for me for ages, allowing me time to make a lot of adjustments! The fox had very watery eyes - probably due to the cold & after getting a few normal shots of the robin it proceeded to turn around & show me its bum :LOL:

A very eventful day of shooting, have sooo many shots to go through!!
Cheers again everyone (y)

They are brilliant pics, well done :clap: And they don't look fake at all.

I really like your Christmas card robin, very seasonal and nice PP:) The squirel is fab, very cute.

Those squirrels are quite something eh :) I like them all, with the first being the favourite. How close did you get to the fox, when I went my 70-300mm wasn't enough to fill the frame.

Fabulous pics Mike. (y)
#1 is my fave, its just gorgeous .... I hope you have a few more to show of him. :love:

Thanks Glo, I have loads of pics of this little guy, will get some more sorted asap (y)

I really like your Christmas card robin, very seasonal and nice PP:) The squirel is fab, very cute.

Cheers Alex (y)

Those squirrels are quite something eh :) I like them all, with the first being the favourite. How close did you get to the fox, when I went my 70-300mm wasn't enough to fill the frame.

I was filling the frame at around 150-200mm, they were very close, quite an experience, I'd only ever seen them when it was too dark to take photos up until then.

Really like 1 & 2 but 3 is just not in the same league, I like the ideea but I'm kinda put off by the blown out patch behind the bird. I really like your use of the space around the squirrel :)

Cheers Ally - the original robin image is very, very orange due to the leaves on the floor, when I converted to the selective colour mode, the lighter orange was made very white - suits fine for behind text but not as a stand-alone image unfortunately. Cheers for the feedback (y)

You can see that robin's bum hole!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Love it!!!

Think they're great Mike :D

Love the first shot, second one is great too.

not too fond of the last, but i guess the xmas card effect does its job well.

The first is pure magic though.

love no1 and 2 brilliant no3 would be great if the others wer'nt so dam good

You can see that robin's bum hole!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Love it!!!

Think they're great Mike :D

:LOL: :LOL: Thanks Lucy (y)

Love the first shot, second one is great too.

not too fond of the last, but i guess the xmas card effect does its job well.

The first is pure magic though.

Cheers for that Charlie (y)

I like what've done to the Robin photo - very apt for the time of year

Cheers (y)

love no1 and 2 brilliant no3 would be great if the others wer'nt so dam good

Cheers for the feedback mate (y)

Number 3 is good
Number 2 is great
Number 1 is just class mate :woot:

Missed this thread for a while, but wow @ number 1, that would have to win some sort of wildlife competition.

Great set. I'm not going to pick one as they are all great

Fantastic set Mike. The fox one just edges it for me.

Back