Cyclamen with light box

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
First trial of my home made light box, not a tent but a box that lights the subject from underneath.
I scouted around the house for suitable subjects, and one i came up with was a bloom from my new Cyclamen.

Constructive critique and comments welcomed.

Best regards Paul

I am far from an expert but I would say that you would be better focusing on the yellow stamen (I had to google this :LOL:) instead of the petals. Looks like the lighting is spot on to me though. Can we see a photo of your home made light box as I would be interested in getting results like these without all the outlay :)

yea i want to see the box to lol

also agree with focusing on the yellow other with nice shot.

Its just not working for me I'm afraid, I'm not a fan of the composition, I cant see where it is focused, its seems to have poor colour and noise. Sorry. I like cyclamens too, have another bash with light on the cyclamen rather than under it.

I am far from an expert but I would say that you would be better focusing on the yellow stamen (I had to google this :LOL:) instead of the petals. Looks like the lighting is spot on to me though. Can we see a photo of your home made light box as I would be interested in getting results like these without all the outlay :)

This is an image of the light box i constructed, my advice is to put a flourescent fitting in there with the tube more than 10 watts in power.

Best regards Paul

Its just not working for me I'm afraid, I'm not a fan of the composition, I cant see where it is focused, its seems to have poor colour and noise. Sorry. I like cyclamens too, have another bash with light on the cyclamen rather than under it.

Thanks Zarozinia for you comments.
I am sorry you don't like this image, but we all have different tastes otherwise it would be a dull world
This was just an experimental first run with the light box, and i have a lot to do to find out its possibilities.
But i will keep on using it in the hope of producing a good image.

Best regards Paul

Ohh I just got a florescent from B&Q for the fish tank and it didn't fit :FAIL: Will save me taking it back now I have a project :)

Good luck with that, i hope you have fun both making the light box, and using it.
I will lookout for any work you do with the box.

Best regards Paul

Back