Cycling Asia, 2 bodies or one, what would you do?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

I am off to Asia next week cycling from Saigon in Vietnam to Angkor *** in Cambodia. I have two Canon A1 cameras and I would like a few opinions if possible.

I have bought quite a few rolls loads of Kodak TRI X 400, would you take one body and a 4ND filter or two bodies, one loaded with 100ASA film and one loaded with 400 ASA film?

I want to be able to shoot at mid day in sunshine and later in the day with less available light and would like to know what you would do as I'm pretty new to film.

Cheers

Dan

I'll get scalped for this in F&C, but frankly, I'd take my G11 digital and rejoice in the lower weight to be dragging around. Even on a fully loaded bike - full front/rear panniers finding room for anything more than a single body and a couple of lenses, along with the press-pack of film would be too much IMO.

Assuming you stay with your idea of shooting film, why not just take one body and 200 iso film.....tbh I'm finding 200 speed to more practical for similar reasons to what you have mentioned as during the day 400 is a tad too fast for using wide apertures, same as 100 being too slow later in the day.

If you end up putting a new roll in in the evening and are struggling for shutter speed, simply push the 200 and sort in processing ...be sure to clearly mark which films have been shot at 400 or 800 though.

Last edited:
Chuck both the A1's, get a Mamiya 6 and 400 film...:)

Back