D200 - 14th December!

Edit My Images
Yes
I just spoke to AJ Purdy and they have their first delivery due in on Wednesday 14th December.

They have some guys from Nikon in from 10am-4pm doing demos etc, so perhaps that's how they know when they're getting theirs?

I have a pre-order with them from last month which they say I am 'almost certain' to get on the 14th :D :D :D

They also said that they may even have a few unallocated..if anyone in the UK wants one, might be worth putting down a £25 deposit with them?

Happy Christmas then! :dance:

I may, if work is quiet.. Probably just go and get my camera and leave though..

I work in London and don't drive, so will have to get the train from Liverpool Street to Harlow, back into London and then up to Northampton...should be fun!

Would be easier to let them post it to me, but I can't wait a whole day longer...

Can I ask what the final price was for the camera (body only) ?

You can ask, but I have no idea...

Apparently, they won't know until the day and will be phoning all pre-orderers to ask what bundle they want (body/body+lens etc) and giving prices.

DJW said:
Can I ask what the final price was for the camera (body only) ?

Just been reading DCM, and their quoting £1,299 if that helps.

I was gonna say... The D200's buffer size looks great but apart from that there's not much in it between that and the 20D. And the buffer size alone isn't going to be worth £400-odd quid.

fingerz said:
I And the buffer size alone isn't going to be worth £400-odd quid.

More like £600 odd if you use Currys link with cashback/vouchers etc... ouch :dizzy:

fingerz said:
I was gonna say... The D200's buffer size looks great but apart from that there's not much in it between that and the 20D. And the buffer size alone isn't going to be worth £400-odd quid.

One of the comments in DCM was that "Nikon is clearly hoping that the D200 can win back photographers who have defected to the Canon EOS 20D"

Just spoke to AJ Purdy and they have had confirmation of release on Thursday, 15th December!

I had to pay for mine today to secure one for Friday collection, but got a good deal (I think!)

Paid £1699 for -

D200 Body
18-200mm VR Lens
Free Nikon System Bag
Free Nikon Diary
Free 1gb 80x Lexar card
Free UV Filter for 18-200mm

Considering RRP of the body and lens is £1850, I'm pleased with the price..

Roll on Friday.....

well done Chez, i hope your going to treat us to a full review!

he's been showing it off everywhere he goes!
by the way noise at 1600 looks pretty good!

Back