D200 and sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM lens problem

wack61

I've got an itchy hatch
Edit My Images
No
I've read about the problems with the D200 and sigma HSM lenses, are my symptoms associated with this problem.

Bought a new D200 yesterday, played about with it today without any problems until I connected my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX DG Macro HSM to it

AF seems to work OK but when I switch the D200 off the CF read light flashes continuously, when I remove the lens the camera goes dead, only taking the battery out and re-inserting it brings it back to life again.

It doesn't do it with any of my other lenses, I have a Tamron 28-75 F2.8 on it now and it's fine with that.

I've just checked the nikon website and it's firmware is V2 so it's up to date

any suggestions :shrug:

it's definitely just the 70-200mm that causes the problem, I've only just bought it as well :bang:

I have no problem with that combination.

I have the same combination and have not had any problems with this (yet!). I did however experience a period of time when the D200 kept freezing up on me. It transpired to be a faulty grip.

Not sure if you are using a grip. If so try it without. Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Bob

Thanks for the replies, there seems to be a problem with the lens, i've just tried it on a D70 and I get the CF light flashing when the camera is off, it doesn't kill the camera like it does on the D200 though, I see an expensive trip to sigma coming up :(

Back