D200 at ISO 800 and ISO 1600

I haven't actually done too much for comparison myself Joe ... sorry ... :d

But the infamous Mr Rockwell has some pretty good coverage and example pics here ...

Ken Rockwell's D200 Review

HTH but not sure if this is precisely what you are looking for though ... :shrug:

Colin (Hacker) may have done a bit more than me with the sampling work ... :thinking:

:p

Judas! :razz:

To be honest I wasn't that impressed to begin with when shooting at ISO800 or higher but that was looking at the images on the monitor. The final prints were nowhere near as bad as I expected them to be so maybe I was being overcritical which I tend to be with my own work anyway.

There have been other times when I have inadvertantly shot using a high ISO and the issue was not too bad.

Don't you even consider moving to them.

Don't you even consider moving to them

Hacker - Get off that fence & say what you really mean :bat:
Paul :nikon:

It's a little lower than the D70 Joe, and the grain is also a smidge finer.

CT was meaning weakening to buying a D200. I dont believe he was meaning that I might be moving to Canon. Which I'm not.

Thanks for the comments all. :)

Joe - That's what I thought you (& CT) meant but Hacker either got the wrong end of the stick or was being ironic (only he can answer that :LOL:)
My own experience with higher ISO's is like my knowledge of all things "toggy" i.e. limited ...
Paul (y)

High ISO noise is a moot point really. It can look bad on a monitor, and if poorly exposed really bad but in print, ergo newspapers it is OK. Look in the Sun in the mid week football stuff, all high ISO noise and fine really.

However, it is a pain thats for sure and like all I would prefer it not to be there.

but it can also add a mood to a shot....in all honesty it doesn't bother me, I do think that photographers can get hung up on technical perfection! Get with your arty sides :shrug:

but it can also add a mood to a shot....in all honesty it doesn't bother me, I do think that photographers can get hung up on technical perfection! Get with your arty sides :shrug:

True, I used to be the exponent of a dirty image but what I have covered of late has left me wanting smooth high ISO somewhat. (y)

There’s no such thing is there Pete?, not with the cameras where taking about...the cannons only slightly better...still loads of noise, just not quite as noticeable possibly.

..And all at the expense of solid colour IMAHO. :D

Nope, but the 5D is a modern miracle at 3200 and if the next Canon N has ISO at 1600 like it, then it will sell by the boat load as all the Mark II N's are traded in :rules:

Back