D40 user wants extention tubes that retain metering

Name
Martin Prothero
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says. I am using a nifty 50 1.8 on a D40 and have 3 tubes (nikon PK 11, 12 and 13) but I don't get any metering info, which makes it all guess work.

Is there any brand out there that retain metering info to allow the D40 to auto deal with the lighting bit while I spend my time focussing (or moving in and out and holding my breath)?

Is this a D40 non compatibility thing or a specific tube type thing?

Thanks in advance

Thread moved.

Anyone with an answer?:(

I looked into this about a year and after looking around got a 3x set on ebay for about £15 - with full auto functions. When I looked at the tubes available I found that canon were taking the Mickey with the pricing, Jessop’s were better but still expensive for what you were buying.
If you buy from ebay you can get a bargain but be very sure that the tubes you buy are full auto - mine work perfectly

I picked up the jessops ones for £21 (online, using a 25% discount voucher)

Thanks guys. Basegreen - are the Jessops ones the full auto jobbies? Have you answered my question in one fell swoop?

Anyone els tried these with a Nifty on a D40?

Thanks guys. Basegreen - are the Jessops ones the full auto jobbies? Have you answered my question in one fell swoop?

Anyone els tried these with a Nifty on a D40?

Jessops ones are full auto yes, not sure if they sell "dumb" ones.

Do a search on here for "extension tubes", there's a 3 page thread about the jessops ones and some examples.

Back