D60 handeling

J

jelphotoguy

As you probably know from my recent thread I have a Nikon D60 camera with the standard 18-55mm lens its not have VR (I bought it from Currys and they don't stock D60 VR 18-55MM instore only online. Jessops which is opposite did however the staff at jessops were SO rude and just interested in a getting sale and mis quoted me the price. One minute they tell me the camera is x price and then when they ring it through the till they quote me a price which is £80 more saying the price they quoted me was after the £60 cashback) Anyway my question is I've noticed that the lens does not have a very powerful zoom so I want to know what kind of pictures can actually be shot with a 18-55mm lens.

Also I have once or twice accidently left the auto switch on and tried to manually focus it. I am getting better and not doing it so much but can it damage the lens or will it be alright as long as I don't do it to much. Also I took the camera out of my bag and noticed that the camera was left on which means I took the lens of the camera while it was on and left it on will this damage the camera or should I not be too worried. Have people done this too.

As you probably know from my recent thread I have a Nikon D60 camera with the standard 18-55mm lens its not have VR (I bought it from Currys and they don't stock D60 VR 18-55MM instore only online. Jessops which is opposite did however the staff at jessops were SO rude and just interested in a getting sale and mis quoted me the price. One minute they tell me the camera is x price and then when they ring it through the till they quote me a price which is £80 more saying the price they quoted me was after the £60 cashback) Anyway my question is I've noticed that the lens does not have a very powerful zoom so I want to know what kind of pictures can actually be shot with a 18-55mm lens.

Also I have once or twice accidently left the auto switch on and tried to manually focus it. I am getting better and not doing it so much but can it damage the lens or will it be alright as long as I don't do it to much. Also I took the camera out of my bag and noticed that the camera was left on which means I took the lens of the camera while it was on and left it on will this damage the camera or should I not be too worried. Have people done this too.

With regards to the trying to manually focus when autofocus is selected on the kit lens that could really damage it. I know on that lens there is a slight restriction to prevent u from manually focusing it, so do you use force beyond that level to manually focus?

Also no damage by leaving camera on without lens attached. If you put the body cap on then no need to worry. If you didn't then the sensor may be dusty!

18-55 will shoot the shots from the focal range from 18-55. Test it out and you will see for yourself! :LOL:

With regards to the trying to manually focus when autofocus is selected on the kit lens that could really damage it. I know on that lens there is a slight restriction to prevent u from manually focusing it, so do you use force beyond that level to manually focus?

No as soon as I feel the restriction I stop like I said i sometimes forget that the auto is on

Also no damage by leaving camera on without lens attached. If you put the body cap on then no need to worry. If you didn't then the sensor may be dusty!

I am not so much worried about leaving the lens of with the camera on (I did have the cap on btw) I am worried about the fact I detached it without switching the camera of first. Manuel says to always switch the camera of before taking the lens of.

18-55 will shoot the shots from the focal range from 18-55. Test it out and you will see for yourself! :LOL:

Will do thanks

I am not so much worried about leaving the lens of with the camera on (I did have the cap on btw) I am worried about the fact I detached it without switching the camera of first. Manuel says to always switch the camera of before taking the lens of.

:LOL: I've done it many times before by accident. I wont again! Thanks for that warning!:D

Back