d60 or a200 ?

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
sorry to ask a question that has probably been asked a thousand times but i m in need of some help. i currently have a cannon g7 which is a great little compact but i feel it is time to move up into the world of a dslr camera. this however is where all the trouble comes in . i ve got a top end budget of about £350 which i realise is not a lot in camera terms but for me it`s a fairly major purchase, so i want to get it right.i ve been and had a look at both cameras i have mentioned and they both feel fine to handle. i also read countless reviews. thing is i dont know which way to go. i take a lot of mountain biking photo`s and landscapes . any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi,

I tested both and found the Sony to be far better. The nikons pics are slightly better but suffer from mega over saturation and are harder to meter.

Plus the sony has built in image stabilization so you can buy cheaper lenses from sigma and tamron etc

Matt

If you are happy with the way both cameras handle next thing to do is have a think about what lenses you might require later on and then have a look and see what is available within your budget.

Both are great starter cameras, I don't envy you're decision :bonk:

Back