D70s to D200?

Name
Jamie Smith
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for some more opinions as my D70s is broken and will cost the cost of the camera to fix, so im thinking i may as well upgrade...

I saw a D200 body in my local camera shop for five hundred quid, good price? Seems it...

It seems like the natural progression from a D70s without breaking my bank!

Anyone with a D200 got anthing to say about it? I will be using it for general usage, portfolio work for dancers/actors and shows/musicals!

Many thanks!
Jamie

The D200 is a very good all rounder although you could also consider the Fuji S5 Pro, it's a slow camera in terms of FPS and buffer empty speed but ideal for portraits and even better for show/musicals as it has very good dynamic range (ideal for capturing the full effect of the lighting).

If you can find a little more cash D300s are going for about £750 - £800 and are very good at high ISO performance and are a lot faster than the S5 Pro and the step up from the D200.

Sounds about right for a shop price, but as Simon says, an S5 Pro can be had new for the same money and unless you plan to shoot something like motorsport then it's a much better buy (y)

Not sure if i would consider changing from Nikon, as i ahve compatible kits, (Flash, lens etc)
I was considering a D300, but i do have a fairly limited budget :/
What about D5000? that was there too...
I was really happy with results i got from the D70s and im assuming it will only get better with a D200?

The S5 Pro is a D200 body with a different sensor/electronics, so compatible with Nikon lenses and flash by the way.

Not sure if i would consider changing from Nikon, as i ahve compatible kits, (Flash, lens etc)
I was really happy with results i got from the D70s and im assuming it will only get better with a D200?

i would take the D90 over the D5000.

The S5 Pro is a D200 body with a different sensor/electronics, so compatible with Nikon lenses and flash by the way.

Very interesting to know! Thankyou!

I've got a D70s, a D300 and an S5 Pro - the S5 Pro replaced a D200 - it's a much better camera and a total bargain if you can still find one

Back