Review D810

Name
Jackie Townsend ne Veitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought myself a D810 to go with my Nikon 200mm-500mm lens, anyone on here used them together & what do you think of them together for Bird Photography?

I also own the D810 and it is a great camera. I also have the Nikon afs 80-400mm lens so close to what you have. First of all with the 36mp camera a long lens is not always necessary as photos can be cropped quite severely with out loss of clarity. It of course all depends on how close you get to the birds as well. If photographing in the wild or at home on a bird bath . With a lens like that a tripod is a must with say a gimbal head to keep the lens steady. You don't say what you used camera wise before but the D810 without the AA filter does demand more a precise way of taking a photo, it is less forgiving that say the D800

This tips I found useful

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNUH5dCaLMU

and
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwIWhDcTEY

Bazza. Thanks for your reply.
I'm using D7100 at the moment, I'm quite pleased with the photo's but cameras a bit slow :sleep:
Thanks for the video's, I will take a look at them :ty:

Last edited:
I have had loads of tips from Steve, his youtube vids are spot on and his website is not to shabby either. The only problem is he cannot pronounce Nikon right :eek:

The only problem is he cannot pronounce Nikon right :eek:

It seems to me that no one can. The Americans say Nykon, most brits say Nikkon - whereas it should be pronounced Neekon. :pompous:

It's a great camera BTW - I use one too. :D

Last edited:
Huh! The D810 that I thought I had bought????
Here’s my story...... I rang the shop about the Secondhand Nikon D810 gave all my card details and the woman said.... all gone through, we will send it on to you, I didn’t hear no more, money hadn’t gone out of my bank account, strange I thought, couldn’t get in touch with the company, tried ringing but weren’t answering the phones, tried emails, no answers, rang today answered & said the camera had been put on there by mistake, say no more Grrrrr!

As long as the money hasn't gone out of your account, that's alright. Frustrating though.

I've used my D810 with the 80-400 and it's not a bad combination. The 200-500 is used exclusively on my D500.

Huh! The D810 that I thought I had bought????
Here’s my story...... I rang the shop about the Secondhand Nikon D810 gave all my card details and the woman said.... all gone through, we will send it on to you, I didn’t hear no more, money hadn’t gone out of my bank account, strange I thought, couldn’t get in touch with the company, tried ringing but weren’t answering the phones, tried emails, no answers, rang today answered & said the camera had been put on there by mistake, say no more Grrrrr!
Name and shame them :)

Well! It was meant to happen as now I have decided a D500 would be better for me so it was a blessing in a way, I won’t shame them as these hiccups happen now & again & for me I’m glad it did.:giggle:

Last edited:
Back