D850 Filming events

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Hoping people here have the collection brains to help.

I have been asked to informally film an internal event for work... I have Tripods, D850, Lens etc and happy on how to record video.

My couple of questions are

1. Can i connect the 850 to a PC and save the media to the drive and not have to rely on memory cards
2. Is there any software needed on the PC to steam to ?
3. any recommendations for Audio, on camera Mic ? wireless Mic ?
4. Power - how to provide contunouse power ?

Thanks in adavnce

Rob

By saving to a card first then onto a computer you still have the original if something goes wrong. Transferring direct to computer something might happen to the tether and contact is lost, just one example of what could happen .

you are limited to recording time on a DSLR but not on a Camcorder, something worth thinking about

I have a Sennheiser MKE 400 which is fantastic small microphone;powered by a "AAA" battery.
It comes with a sponge muffler, but I prefer using a Gutmann deadcat one if using outdoors.

here it is on my D810

GL4XFUS.jpg

not cheap ( around £150 mark) compared with some others but the sound reproduction is spot on, at least I think so. Another consideration is how far away can it pick up sound? again no problem it pickes up sound from a long way. Nothing to prevent using an extn cord if needed for the mike

Last edited:
Back