Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
P1190648JPG.jpg

P1190650JPG.jpg

P1190628JPGjpg.jpg

P1190623JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent eye detail Ant, I haven't seen too many of these around yet in fact only got my first a couple of days ago. Good series mate (y)

Excellent set of shots Ant, love the way you zoom in as you go (y) Loads of detail too

Very nice set (y)
I didn't realise they had green eyes you live and learn ;)

Excellent eye detail Ant, I haven't seen too many of these around yet in fact only got my first a couple of days ago. Good series mate (y)

Thanks Alby :) Yes that was the first one I'd seen, normally there are a lot more.

Excellent set of shots Ant, love the way you zoom in as you go (y) Loads of detail too

Ta John, Thought I'd try the full range of my zoom. It made it a lot easier being on a stable surface as opposed to being blown about in the breeze on a leaf :)

Very nice set (y)
I didn't realise they had green eyes you live and learn ;)

Thanks Chris :) Yes, I was quite suprised when I saw that, and I wonder what those two things parallel with its wings coming from the waist are for.

and I wonder what those two things parallel with its wings coming from the waist are for.
I am pretty sure that they are "stabilisers" to help conteract the wing beat torque

I am pretty sure that they are "stabilisers" to help conteract the wing beat torque

Yes you're right Chris, they are called haltere and have evolved from the second pair of wings.

Thanks Chris and Alby, I thought that may be the case. Incredible :) They look to be filled with liquid on the end.

I think the dark patches on the front of dragonflys wings have a similar purpose.

Back