Daft question about filter ..

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I want to get some filters for my lenses but rather than have to buy a ND for each lens I believe I can used the Cokin systems but which system is best. There seems to be a few different types, I've had a read of the Cokin site but I thought I'd get some advise from you folks.

Also which filters will be most usefull to start with ?

What size are the front elements of your lenses?

The cokin filters use an adaptor ring on the lens to hold the filter mounting frame.

My current lenses have 52mm, 58mm & 77mm filter sizes and I currently have a UV on each one just for a bit of protection.

If you have a 77mm thread you'll need the P (for Pro) size filters and holder, you can probably get an adaptor ring to make it fit your smaller lenses but it will look a bit daft on the end of them.

the A series go up to 62mm and from there you need to go to the P series for the 77mm then.

Much cheaper than buying a filter for each lens

Any suggestions of suppliers?

My current filter sizes are 52, 58 and 58, BUT I think for longevity I may plump for the P system anyway.

What sort of prices / suppliers? I've been thinking of buying some ND / ND grad filters (Cokin)

Or check their eBay shop for the cheaper ranges!

Joe T said:
I got a Cokin P-filter set from Warehouse Express. :)

I did the same thing but I find that the ND4 is far from neutral, the ND2 is fine but the 4 puts a really wierd brownish colour cast on everything so the output looks like a really badly processed 70s shot :(

Back